UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Brother HS70-A Memory Issues

Hi Brothers,

I have Brother HS70-A wire EDM machine that I am trying to get running. It boots up but it has a couple memory faults I'd like to clear up. 8351 Disk size error and 5108 memory not formatted. I also get an occasional fatal 8003 Ram error (Main/Wire) fault.
    I can access programs but if I page down the list: 7998 **Kernel Error!
    I can access the data bank but parameter greater than #500 are full of bad non-numeric values. I can access all the machine's operational parameters.
    I cannot get to the format function on this machine. I just get a blank display.

I found both battery packs non-functional.
    I suspect the compact flash card is corrupt and I have ordered blank replacement card 128Mb. I don't know if that will work or not.

Anyone have experience putting a new card in these things?
    Can I/should I be able to read the card in a PC?
    Is there more to the card than machine parameter and user programs?

I am hoping to stick the card in, format it, have the parameters re-entered (which I have recorded) and voila. I'm expecting to have to use a hammer somewhere along the line so as not to cause RAM error in my own brain.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am not very familiar with the wire machines, they weren't sold or supported by Yamazen in the US. The machining centers of the approximate vintage use a very similar control. A00 in your case I believe. The alarms you mentioned point to an NC board failure as I recall. You may be able to Format and re-enter parameters etc. I don't think you can change the compact flash card. The software of the machine is loaded by Brother in the Local (Memory?) board. That's all I got. Maybe try Brother International or Agie/Charmilles (sp?) They were the company that supported them as I recall. You might also try Bob Hedel in the US Yamazen parts dept. He is very knowledgable and may have more info for you.

Another thought, there is a member here that is pretty familiar with the Brother wires:
    https://www.practicalmachinist.com/v...hs70a-brother/

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hello sfuller737,

Have you resolved you memory card issues?
    If so, what did you do to correct them?

I only ask because this could happen to me or anyone else, in the future!

Regards,

Brother John