What's new
What's new

Brother HS70A EDM Service/ Tech Support/ Startup

Buildinstuff

Plastic
Hello All,

Just got a used Brother HS70A and trying to find someone who has experience with these machines and can service them. I understand that there is no OEM support anymore but figured someone must know how to repair and/or troubleshoot. I am in North Carolina. Any contacts? (I plan on handling most of the repairs when needed myself, just trying to get ahead of the game should the need arise)

Also still getting the machine space worked out and power run. The machine was working when purchased. Anything I need to be aware of or check before starting it up- its been a few months.

Thanks in advance for any help on this. This is my 1st post - have been reading the PM forums for a while and really enjoy the incredible amount of knowledge of this community.

Hey Build,

I have a Brother HS-50A; a smaller version of your machine; it is a ?2000 vintage. Unfortunately, there isn't any factory tech support for these machines anymore; Charmilles used to provide some, then they stopped. My machine is for all practical use, dead. I do have a good supply of spare parts. There is a guy in Maryland that had a bunch of these machines; I will dig up his name if you are interested.

Good luck,
Mark

Hey Build,

I have a Brother HS-50A; a smaller version of your machine; it is a ?2000 vintage. Unfortunately, there isn't any factory tech support for these machines anymore; Charmilles used to provide some, then they stopped. My machine is for all practical use, dead. I do have a good supply of spare parts. There is a guy in Maryland that had a bunch of these machines; I will dig up his name if you are interested.

Good luck,
Mark

Thanks Mark

Sorry to hear about your machine. It would be great if you could find that guy in Maryland, any contacts would be useful.

The machine is at a friends place, helping him get it set up. Hopefully we can get it going soon. It was fully operational when it was purchased.

Make sure you keep the upper and lower heads clean. I have 2 here that we had issues with them not generating a spark. Down for 3 months trying to trouble shoot them. Took the heads a part and cleaned everything real good and have been cutting good since.

Thanks Mark

Sorry to hear about your machine. It would be great if you could find that guy in Maryland, any contacts would be useful.

The machine is at a friends place, helping him get it set up. Hopefully we can get it going soon. It was fully operational when it was purchased.
Buildinstuff:
If you can fined the information on the guy in Maryland I could use some help. I have a Brother HS70A that I purchased new in 2006.
On start up I get a #5514 error message (Z deviation error 1) and the ram drops about a 1/4" on each reset. Has anyone ever had this problem or have any ideas on a fix? Thanks, Dave

Back