What's new
What's new

CAM SOFTWEAR

dave

Aluminum
We are looking for new CAM softwear for our wire machines. We have an Agie Challange, 100d, Mits SX10 and HA90. Are presently using Esprit but very unhappy with it. Any of you masters of the "SPARK" have any recomendations?

My wire EDM is 2 axis,I use Acucarv 2000 wire from Olmsted Engineering think from Michigan.

Got a SurfCam package with wire on it, but why get complicated.

Been using Mecanic by Mecasale for 18 years now. Never had a problem posting to our 3 AGIE machines. We have updated a couple of times with no problems. Our oldest machine we post to a AC-100. Mark

Been using Esprit with our Mit's FX20 and SX10, I like it, even with 4axis jobs. What kind of trouble do you have with it?

Bill

Dave,

I dropped Mechanix about 5 years ago when my computer (HP) system crashed and was not going to go back to Unix again. Mechanix now has software that runs on NT, but when I investigated Peps (Camtek), I found that to be the best of all worlds for me. Very happy with Peps and I get SERVICE! Could never get that from DP (ESprit) even though I had paid up maintenance.

Peps will give you a 30 day free trial. Nothing to lose.

TMD

I know in the AGIE showroom they have both PEP'S and Mecanic, don't know about Esprit. We had the Unix system, but upgraded to NT about 5 years ago. My computetr a work got a little squirley last week, should be gettign a new one soon. We will stay with Mecanic it can be updated to 2000 or XP now. Mark

I used SmartCam for 12 years with version 4 through 11 and was really spoiled by how familiar and versitile it had become.
Then SDRC dumped it and our maint. contract ended.
In a new shop I had to use Esprit and felt like
I was going to puke. I felt it was that bad.
When I got a taste of PEPS and landed a job in
a shop that used it, for AGIEs, I was sold.
Great Stuff and great support.

Back