What's new
What's new

Came close to calling the scrapper today

bob

Titanium
I have an old Elox/Fanuc wire. Don't use it much but doesn't owe me anything. So on Friday started a long cut it was sparking along all day ok till about 1/2 done when it broke the wire. It was late and I dont trust it to run lights out so just left it. Came back this morning fixed the wire and turned on. It would try to cut but go into reverse tries three times till it errors out.Tried every combination of amps and volts I could think of same thing. Checked the parameters ok. Ran the filters for 1/2 hour, no luck. Then I noticed the wire was not wrapped around the wheel that I assume sets tension. Fixed that I will be damned if it started to work.The old machine can be really tempermental on first start up but this was worse than usual, it is frustrating.
Bob

Glad you got it sorted, I am sure the hours spent messing with it were frustrating. Even gladder you mentioned the problem here, as a reminder/tip.

I learned to run wire on one of these machines prob 15 years ago. Simple machine that just never stopped running.

Hi Bob,

I also have an Elox/Fanuc WEDM. Would you mind checking real quick where the 2 light colored wires coming to the top head are connected? One had become disconnected from the block and I don't have a wiring diagram. The wires are in the attached photo.

Thank you.

Roger

Upper Light Wires 16GA 01.jpg

Back