Came close to calling the scrapper today
Close
Login to Your Account
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Came close to calling the scrapper today

I have an old Elox/Fanuc wire. Don't use it much but doesn't owe me anything. So on Friday started a long cut it was sparking along all day ok till about 1/2 done when it broke the wire. It was late and I dont trust it to run lights out so just left it. Came back this morning fixed the wire and turned on. It would try to cut but go into reverse tries three times till it errors out.Tried every combination of amps and volts I could think of same thing. Checked the parameters ok. Ran the filters for 1/2 hour, no luck. Then I noticed the wire was not wrapped around the wheel that I assume sets tension. Fixed that I will be damned if it started to work.The old machine can be really tempermental on first start up but this was worse than usual, it is frustrating.
    Bob

2. Likes sfriedberg liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Glad you got it sorted, I am sure the hours spent messing with it were frustrating. Even gladder you mentioned the problem here, as a reminder/tip.

4. Likes tvalen1432 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I learned to run wire on one of these machines prob 15 years ago. Simple machine that just never stopped running.