What's new
What's new

Charmille D10 help

Mtbbear

Plastic
I work in a small shop and have been tasked with learning our newly acquired D10 sinker. Although I have no prior experience with edm, I have a decent basic understanding of what the machine does and have been learning by doing test burns with some success. It is clear to me there is lots of fine tuning to be done in my process... I have the machine manuals, but they are vague in terms of actual control settings. Looking to eliminate some trial and error. Can anyone help explain to me in particular the “A” and “B” knobs on the controller and how they relate to the power settings(1/2,1/4,1/8,1/16,1/32)? I am looking for any information that can help accelerate my learning curve so I can actually start producing work. I’m doing very small burns, but with high detail so minimal electrode wear and good finish is key. Guessing all of my work will be finished on 1/16 or 1/32 power levels. And of course I need to get work done quickly too, LOL. Any information I can gather about this process would be most helpful. Thanks in advance!

Yeah I do have the manuals, but they are kinda vague and make no mention of power settings below 1/4 on knob A. I do know that knob B work in conjunction with knob A, but I don’t understand their relationship. I’m completely new to edm, and haven’t been to trade school so the theory behind all of it is new to me as well. I can see this is actually a pretty simple process, but having an idea of what those controls actually do would certainly help me refine the process and accelerate my learning curve. Unfortunately I don’t know any others with this machine so finding it very difficult to get and information at all.

Back