What's new
What's new

Charmilles 440CC wire feed issue. Probably something electronic related.

Pro-Tech Tool

Plastic
I have a Robofil 440CC that I am having wire feed issues with. It is not in the motor because when it does work it feeds fine. When I push the feed start button on the remote, the light just flashes but nothing happens. When I try to start a program, the light on the remote starts flashing when the wire should be feeding, the tank fills, the generator and fans kick on, sometimes the injection pump will come on, sometimes not. But the wire will not feed. when the generator kicks on, The program will keep going through the lines of code, and the head will move. As soon as the wire hits the part, (because the wire isn't feeding) it will break the wire. When this happens the machine will not give me any error codes, the head just keeps moving as if nothing happened. I don't understand what is going on. And why I'm not getting any error codes. Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks so much!

I have a 440SL, not a CC. But assuming they are fairly similar I would investigate the problem as follows. Electronic problem? Maybe. I have had some mechanical issues with the machine myself, so that would be the first thing I would check.

When you remove the lower head:
- Did you clean it?
- Do the components of the lower head turn when you rotate them by hand?
- Can you turn the splined shaft by hand? I mean the shaft in the lower arm of the machine (that drives the lower head).
- Does the splined shaft start turning when you press wire feed?

When you manually feed the wire through the upper guide:
- Can you unroll the spool by pulling the wire downwards?

I apologize I did not see your reply. It ended up being the AMP Board was bad. The voltages were good going into the board but way too low coming out of it. Everything mechanically was working great. It was all in that Circuit Board.

Back