What's new
What's new

charmilles cnc edm

moldmaker10

Aluminum
I'm looking at adding a used cnc charmilles 93-97 model edm. I have 20 years experience on manual edm's as well as the same number of years programming vmc. Is there a huge learning curve in the programming and operation of the cnc edm or is it relatively straight forward?

We have a 1993 Roboform-20, and a 1995 Roboform-40 in our shop. According to the operators the Roboform-20 is a better machine for small details, with the way the power supply is built. This machine is a little different to program though. You have no on screen graphics to check your program, and you can't edit a program while one is running. The Roboform-40 is a bigger machine but still does good on smaller parts. You have the advantage of on screen graphics to do program check, and you can edit one program while running the next. Hope this helps, Mark.

I have a 2000 Roboform 55 and a 1996 roboform 20. They are easy to use, IF you get the IPS program disk from Charmilles. It is software that runs in windows and makes programming the machines EASY. If you try to program manually - NOT GOOD.

With exception that IPS will not generate a sphere for older machines which do not have ISOG, IPS can help simplify things quite a bit. However, to be most effective with a Charmilles, I strongly recommend sitting down and learning how to program in Proform. It can be quite powerful once you know how to use it. Some EDMs (such as Makino and Mits, to name a couple) will run from G-code, which might be easier for you to pick up than the entire vocabulary needed for Charmilles' Command and Proform languages.

I have a 2000 Roboform 55 and a 1996 roboform 20. They are easy to use, IF you get the IPS program disk from Charmilles. It is software that runs in windows and makes programming the machines EASY. If you try to program manually - NOT GOOD.
Sir may i ask , the ips software you mentioned do you think will help my prob on my machine charmilles roboform 20 annee 1996 that lastime when i load my communication disk to charger the result on the screen shows EFF PA3? , would you mine if you can help me what to do and if it needed that software can i buy some copy. Pls help me my problem, my email [email protected]

May you send me a copy of IPS program disk from Charmilles?

Back