What's new
What's new

Charmilles E110 Setup Questions

tetnum

Plastic
I picked up a Charmilles E110 a few months ago for cheap. It is a working machine the counter shows 3800 hours do not know if has rolled around or not, Hydraulics work, power supply is functional, and the pumps turn on and fill the tank. I have a few questions to ask of those who have run the D10 type machines.

What dielectric fluid would you run in this machine? Currently it is low on fluid (rustlick EDM 500)

The ram has a magnetic chuck on it. I know nothing about this tool mounting system. I have found a few old Charmilles and System 3R magnetic pallets and such around the internet. Should I keep this magnetic chuck and search for old tooling / make some myself or replace it?

So far the only real plans for this machine are burning serial numbers and popping out the occasional broken tap and bolt. I am not opposed to sinking some money into this machine to get it up and running. Any other tips and tricks you have to offer let me know as there is little to no useful information on the internet beyond the user manual for these things.

Any dielectric fluid will work fine in that machine. I would stick with what ya got. I would keep using the magnetic chuck. Some of my machines have the magnets, some dont. It works fine either way. Just make sure the wedge plate is tight and you'll be fine.

Back