What's new
What's new

Charmilles Isopulse 80

GeneralG

Cast Iron
I have the opportunity to buy a Charmilles D10 for a decent price, but the only thing is it comes with a weak Isopulse P12 power supply, which the owner (a dealer, who admittedly does not knowanything about it really) says is a 10 AMP supply, and that sounds about right to me. Now, I also have found an Isopulse 80 (yeah that's the big cabinet) supply for sale, and I know these can be hooked up to the D10 machine to upgrade it (the Iso 80 is a 50 amp source). Now, my question is; has anyone else done something like this? Is it very difficult? I'm definitely going to have to check more into this, but I think the Iso 80 supply also has surface finish upgrades built into it (like Microfin?) as those power sources were built later on (mid 80's I think) so this would be an all-around win. Any thoughts? Thanks!

General G

Sounds good to me, we have a D-10 that was in the shop when I started 25 years ago. Aside from regular maintance we have only had it worked on 1 time by a factory tec that I know of. As far as marrying with the bigger power supply call Charmilles. The man who might be able to help you is Tom Anderson, their phone number is 1-800-282-1336. Good luck keep us posted as to how this works out. Mark

[This message has been edited by Space (edited 05-27-2003).]

I have connected the D10 to the isopulse 80

I have conected the D10 to the isopulse 80 Please call Larry at 801 216 4576 Thanks

I have the opportunity to buy a Charmilles D10 for a decent price, but the only thing is it comes with a weak Isopulse P12 power supply, which the owner (a dealer, who admittedly does not knowanything about it really) says is a 10 AMP supply, and that sounds about right to me. Now, I also have found an Isopulse 80 (yeah that's the big cabinet) supply for sale, and I know these can be hooked up to the D10 machine to upgrade it (the Iso 80 is a 50 amp source). Now, my question is; has anyone else done something like this? Is it very difficult? I'm definitely going to have to check more into this, but I think the Iso 80 supply also has surface finish upgrades built into it (like Microfin?) as those power sources were built later on (mid 80's I think) so this would be an all-around win. Any thoughts? Thanks!

General G
I have a D10 connnected to the isopulse 80 Please give Larry a call at 801 216 4576 Thank you

Hi Larry, do you have any manuals forthe Isopulse 80. I have one conneted to a Charmilles D420, and am in the process of trying to get this up and running. I have a post on this forum herethat maybe you could help me with

Thanks.

Back