What's new
What's new

CHarmilles Robofil 310

Sengenn

Plastic
Good Evening,
we just got a Charmilles robofil 310 wire EDM we are new to wire EDMS and would like to get some help. we have several questions ranging from die-ionized water to programming we could use a lot of help
Thanks
Chris

Good Evening,
we just got a Charmilles robofil 310 wire EDM we are new to wire EDMS and would like to get some help. we have several questions ranging from die-ionized water to programming we could use a lot of help
Thanks
Chris

Going to need lots more info. What year machine? Do you have the charmilles conversational programming available? Type of work, accuracy? Are you going to use cam to generate everything, or going to do g-code only and do the tec and cmd files at machine?

Shane030173,
the working envelope is good sized but we are being told it wont cut tall stuff well and we have a few tall items we would like to cut so if you have any experience with that info would be great.
Thanks
Chris

The problem with tall parts is this machine just doesn't have enough power and they're not submerged. We did cut 8 inch parts on them. Long over night and weekend burns. The machine cut extremely slow (.005-.0008" a minute). The parts would have belly or bow in them and the finishes were very bad with "wire marks". Accuracy was good, usually held a .001". Charmilles made a special upper flush cup for skimming tall parts. It helped a lot but I'm not sure if they still make them. They also had auxiliary flushing hoses that are a huge help as well. A rough and 1 skim pass is all we could ever do. Also, You cant align the wire to the part so make sure you do a wire alignment at the Z height of your part. I have a TEC file that Charmilles made for us specifically for 8 inch parts. It helped with the bow / belly. If you want it PM me your email and ill send it to you.

Shane030173,
the working envelope is good sized but we are being told it wont cut tall stuff well and we have a few tall items we would like to cut so if you have any experience with that info would be great.
Thanks
Chris

I've actually cut a part at it's max Z, somewhere around 15" tall. It sucks plain and simple. This was a roughing only thing though as we took the parts and ground them afterward. As the other guy mentioned, you will want the large mesh (like screen) nozzle for finish flushing on tall parts, and you may even need to use the high pressure flushing to get the volume you need. IIRC on low pressure flushing for finishing that particular nozzle doesn't work well.

Sorry, google is not helping me. I know exactly what it looks like but cannot find even a pic of it. :(

Back