What's new
What's new

Charmilles Robofil 310 cutting speed problem

nFs

Plastic
Good morning,

We have been having this unsolvable problem with our Robo 310 for quite some time now , E3 setting (u) XS25A.TEC - 30mm steel should get a speed of 3.8 speed/min ,yet the max speed is 1.2 but 0.8 for the most of the piece.

The Strategy values are reading as normal as they were before ,regardless, we cleaned the ground cables, changed spools, contact blades , signal cable ,cleaned the water tank and same result, values are reading as normal yet no change whatsoever in cutting speeds.

Any tip would be appreciated as at this point we are getting out of ideas as to what might be causing this.

Regards,
nFs

Reading 15ms , and the water sensor seems clean , still no changes sadly.

Given that im a total stranger with the machine , Aside from the change of work piece and resuming work not much is done by me at this point, i can only pass along what im being told by my boss, that is the machine operator for the pass 20 something years now. according to him the problem is elsewhere, the "where" is what he cant put his finger on, as after all the changes the speed remains exactly the same .

Sorry not sure what to say. You have done all the normal checks. Have you contacted GF machining?

Unsure about contacting GF machining as the maintenance has been done by my boss alone all these years, and i don't think he called them up, aside from the yearly maintenance the machine is regularly cleaned after any given more intensive use , and has always kept working without flaws, the speed is a problem that as far as im working here has persisted for quite some time now (years? maybe), and seemingly was scratched off as a wear and tear issue.

We made a test without the right lower head ground cable and the speed didn't change from the usual, the same was done with the right side and the speed dropped to 0.4 , hence thinking that the left side one might be the culprit ,with any other changes the speed remained the same as if nothing had been done at all.

Ordered a replacement but that will take a wile getting here it seems, i'm unsure however if the problem will sort itself with that alone and we can get anything close to the chart speeds.

You need to replace you gap sense cablw and change a few relays
Call me for help
Justin charmilles repair
269 223 1620

Sent from my LM-X410PM using Tapatalk

Back