What's new
What's new

Charmilles Roboform 20A

FranciscoJ

Plastic
Hi everyone,

I have a charmilles roboform 20A at work and it hasn't been used in about 2 years. I want to put it in operation again but don't know how to use the control and i don't have any manuals and haven't found them on internet. Does anybody have them or can give me a quick tour of how to use it?
btw, i have a couple of floppy disks for the machine too.

Hope you can help me out, id really appreciate it.:D

Don’t lose those floppy discs! They usually hold all the software. If the machine goes bad if you accidentally delete some software files (easily done) you will need them to reload the software.

As for the programming, it looks similar to all there roboform models,

It uses G code to run with their own 3 letter abbreviations for other functions and modals. Find the book and an existing program and suss out what code means what, then try adjusting a program to get somthing going.

The roboform I used had software issues so It couldn’t write new programs only edit an old set.

It’s a common controller by the looks of it so plenty of people can use them.

The code is relatively logical, like CLE is clearance and the likes, if you are fortunate enough, there is a help button on the keyboard that opens up text from the manual, it may not be fully loaded on the machine so may not work.

I think people will back me up in saying charmilles always was and will have shit software.

Back