What's new
What's new

Charmilles Roboform 40 Line by Line Program execution

ImGone

Plastic
First off, I'm not an experienced sinker EDM operator/programmer. Secondly, the personnel working in our shop are not CNC savvy but can typically get the EDM to work. With that said, I'll reply the best I can with what I know or can look up.

This particular machine started acting up when we were having trouble with the drain cylinder. We got it fixed and cleaned the floats but were unable to get program execution to work properly. We have to hit the start/cycle button every program line it seems. When we where working with support when having trouble with the floats (they have to be set a certain way), support had us go through and try a lot of different things to get rid of the error codes popping up. Now though, I'm not sure that we didn't change a parameter or something causing the line-by-line program execution.

Can someone shed some light on what might be causing this issue? It will cycle through the program fine by constantly hitting the start/cycle button (green button at the bottom right of the keyboard).

Thanks in advance!

Back