What's new
What's new

Charmilles Roboform 40 "Touch" problem

spodulka

Plastic
Hi, I`m new and i was bought first EDM machine. Machine work fine (on hand control) several days and everything looked fine. When I was trying run first program machine work ~ 30 secounds and stopped without error on Z=0 point. Then sensor "Touch" all the time is "ON" and I can`t run any programs and can`t use hand control to move axis. I checked the voltage between the table and the spindle and looks fine. HELP!

Hi, I`m new and i was bought first EDM machine. Machine work fine (on hand control) several days and everything looked fine. When I was trying run first program machine work ~ 30 secounds and stopped without error on Z=0 point. Then sensor "Touch" all the time is "ON" and I can`t run any programs and can`t use hand control to move axis. I checked the voltage between the table and the spindle and looks fine. HELP!

Zero experience with these machines but I can suggest some things I have experienced with my wire edm.
I would check your upper and lower head conductivity pieces. Sometimes if they are really dirty or perhaps a small piece of debris can cause a ST alarm. Also make sure your guides are clean, if you have a split guide or anything like that make sure it is installed properly.

I would also check your wire cutter, on occasion I have seen wire scraps get hung up and not exit properly and that can cause an ST alarm, if you have a wire chopper in the back, check that as well and make sure it is working properly.

Also maybe check your discharge cables, look for tears/rips in the cable and make sure you have a good clean connection and the bolts are tight.

Hope this can be some help to you.

Hi, Thanks for reply. On Saturday, I solved the problem. Screw (with isolator and metal pad) holding the spindle have short circuit to case. I have no idea how this could happen
PS. have You PC software for this machine?

Back