What's new
What's new

Charmilles roboform 50 major issues

StlVern

Plastic
i have a roboform 50 that has been giving me nothing but fits for years. my current issue is a couple months ago, we turned on the machine and the screen was blank except for a text box that said "power saver mode". i called GF and finally traced it down to the power supply. we had that repaired and the machine turns on and i can get to the initialization screen, but i can only load disk 1. if i try to load disk 2 it looks like it tries to start, but nothing happens. ive tried 3 different disks and a usb emulator, but still nothing. in the initialization screen if i try to actually initialize or hit continue the screen freezes up and i have to restart it. i keep leaning towards the COM board for some reason, but i am not sure. anyways, if anyone has an "easy" fix i am all ears. if not then i may just say screw it and get a new machine. i have already gotten approval to start searching. we have invested so much time and money trying to keep this thing running, i dont know if its really worth it to keep trying to fix a 20 ish year old machine that is down half the time. any suggestions on a new machine if that is the route we decide to take? thanks in advance.

i have a roboform 50 that has been giving me nothing but fits for years. my current issue is a couple months ago, we turned on the machine and the screen was blank except for a text box that said "power saver mode". i called GF and finally traced it down to the power supply. we had that repaired and the machine turns on and i can get to the initialization screen, but i can only load disk 1. if i try to load disk 2 it looks like it tries to start, but nothing happens. ive tried 3 different disks and a usb emulator, but still nothing. in the initialization screen if i try to actually initialize or hit continue the screen freezes up and i have to restart it. i keep leaning towards the COM board for some reason, but i am not sure. anyways, if anyone has an "easy" fix i am all ears. if not then i may just say screw it and get a new machine. i have already gotten approval to start searching. we have invested so much time and money trying to keep this thing running, i dont know if its really worth it to keep trying to fix a 20 ish year old machine that is down half the time. any suggestions on a new machine if that is the route we decide to take? thanks in advance.
Sounds like you need to get ahold of me I can come out and get your machine going

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back