What's new
What's new

Chiller Overheating - how is everyones setup for EDM machines

mootrix

Aluminum
Hi

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but Both chiller temperature seems to keep overheating causing the machine to stop working, have called maintenance out a few times especially this very hot summer in the UK for both Agie charmille sparker eroder and Wire eroder. We keep our chillers outside in a enclosed box with mesh on the sides, wonder if anyone else have had this problem and how did you manage to resolve this. For those who haven't had this problem I would like to know how your setup is to avoid this very problem

Cheers

I think thats what my company needs, I have suggested air conditioning in the past but haven't been able to convince them.

I think thats what my company needs, I have suggested air conditioning in the past but haven't been able to convince them.

When I had my first Wire EDM, I thought that I couldn't justify air conditioning. Without air conditioning, I had servo motor problems, generator boards failed and holding tolerances was impossible. I soon learned that I couldn't be without it.

We keep our chillers inside where it is air conditioned. We have had chillers quit working due to old age, but never stop from overheating.

We do the same, in the room with the machine ac always on even in the winter lol.

Cheers for the response, i think i'll print this thread and pass it onto my superiors. hopefully this will convince them to invest in one

We have 16 wire machines in a shop that isn't air conditioned. It's hot as hell but we still hold tenths every day. All our chillers are inside also.

if you are running this set up make sure hot air is blowing away from chillers and add a fan to draw air through the enclosure. how open is the mesh?

Back