Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Claiming G54 on a Mitsubishi DWC-90G wire EDM

We have an old DWC-90G Mits wire EDM that I can not get G54 numbers to take. Have been running it from a G92 start point but would like to run multiple parts. Does anyone know the procedure on how to claim a G54? (In case I'm doing something wrong)Does anyone think it may be a software issue? I'm kind of stumped. I came from a shop that has new Agies so this old machine is new to me. I also can't figure out how to zero out the relative position. We have all the books but I can't find anything in there to help. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by joe noftz View Post
    We have an old DWC-90G Mits wire EDM that I can not get G54 numbers to take. Have been running it from a G92 start point but would like to run multiple parts. Does anyone know the procedure on how to claim a G54? (In case I'm doing something wrong)Does anyone think it may be a software issue? I'm kind of stumped. I came from a shop that has new Agies so this old machine is new to me. I also can't figure out how to zero out the relative position. We have all the books but I can't find anything in there to help. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    If I remember correctly, resetting twice zeroes out relative...making it kinda volatile in my opinion.

I remember there was a line necessary something like g90g53x0y0z0 then g54x0y0z0...your mitz book should have the exact code along with examples.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I figured out how to zero out the relative. It has to be on the relative screen and then hit the reset button for X,Y,U and V.
    I think what you're telling me with the G54 is how to call it up in the program. I can't get the numbers to set in the machine.
    Thanks for your response. Will keep working on it.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My mistake, for zeroing out relative position. Need to be on screen that has the relative coordinates on (either main screen with 4 positions on it or the screen with just the relative position on it)and then hit X CB(clear block button)then hit it 3 more times to zero Y,U and V. I still have not figured out how to claim G54 in the machine yet.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You can easily do it from within your program, if need be. I do it all the time when needing to set a temporary WCS for probing routines. You can use G14, G43, & G52 for the process. I use variables that are not going to be used with the wire offsets for storing X & Y positions. Typically any from H5-H10. Otherwise, you can also get to the WCS offsets from that same screen you were in, and set it manually.

6. Likes joe noftz liked this post