What's new
What's new

cnc wire EDM versus Diamond wire saw cutting

bhagwansaini

Plastic
Hello friends,
I am collecting information about the Technical and commerical viability of using Diamond wire sawing or Plain wire + slurry, for machining of different Electrode profiles in Graphite/copper/Carbide material.
My applcation is as follows:
we want to cut different profiles(Aluminium extrusion dies) in Graphite/ carbide/steel/copper.
The accuracy of profiles is 40-50microns. not tight.
We currently use CNC wirecut to produce the electrodes and profiles but the running cost of wire edm is high.
we are looking for a cheaper alternative, where the machine cost and the running cost of the machine is low.

My questions are as follows:

1. what is the cost of diamond wire and slurry+ plain wire. In particular i am interested in knowing the comparision of running cost of wire edm and this new process. The technology is used widely in construction industry for cutting Reinforced cement concrete blocks and in Semiconductor industry for cutting wafers.
2. what is the difference in the cost of machines.
3. what is the difference in accuray and Cutting speeds.
I have collected some information, from the friends working for semiconductor industry and I am ready to share with the willing persons.
Let us all discuss the Commercial and technical viability of using the diamond sawing in pla e of Wire EDM process.

Please help me with the ideas.
my mail address is [email protected]
I am from india but currently on tour to Europe.

Back