Considering a Charmilles D10 for a hobbyist - ?Power reqs? - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

One last thing...
    Those nobs and buttons are as simplistic of a burn setting as you're gonna find.
    It only gets more and more complicated from here brother...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default charmilles d10

we just parted out a d10 isopulse.if anybody needs spares please e-mail me.
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Just got an E110...Anyone have manuals?

Hi everyone,
    Well after reading this post for a while, I decided to look for a D10 or an E110. I think I got a decent deal. E110, P25 Pwr Supply, Di & Hyd tank and sys, Isocut, and Monitron...all in working order - They just need a good cleaning. My question is: Does anyone have (and be willing to) sell a copy of the manuals for user, technology, Isocut, etc. I have tried everywhere and can't find a set of manuals for this machine. I even called Charmilles on Friday - none in stock, and they want a lot of money for a set. Anyway, if anyone has them and would like to make a deal I would be more than willing to pay for copies. I can also scan them...Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I know this is an old thread and it's my first post. I got my manual from Charmilles a few years ago and it covers everything. Setup, settings, maintenance, trouble shooting, parts list, parts breakdown, schematics, etc. Several pages (wiring schematics especially) are folded pages and too large for scanners I'm familiar with. The quality wasn't the best, but legible, copied too many times over the years I guess? Absolutely essential to me and worth more than the approx. $130 I paid with shipping, got mine running in a day or two. Manual came loose and had to put in a book binder(?). I've never needed the water for cooling but it would be an easy setup with a cheap pond pump and radiator. The charts cover most electrode and work material with removal rates and wear rates. Don't forget pump voltage wiring and rotation and main transformer wiring on setup which will work on 220/380/440 I think, not sure about 208. I use kerosene as my dielectric, cheap back then and all I could afford at the time and recommended for a lot of finish conditions back then. The smell will go away eventually, at least it does in a gallon milk jug setting the sun for a while, turns into excellent charcoal lighter. LOL. I love mine

5. Likes Robert Jacobs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Is it really true, don't think bellows should fill, but what do I know?
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by mdynac View Post
    well i was going to suggest that before you buy it, check to ensure that the hydraulic cylinder does not leak fluid...... if so, she's a goner.....

and yes, the bellows on the z axis do fill up with hydraulic fluid....this is normal.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Dear gobtool

I'm brand new here on this forum. Just registered because I'm considering the purchase of a 80's vintage D-10 Charmilles and I see you came across manuals a while back. If I where to buy this machine, is there any possibility of you being able to furnish copies of those manuals to me? I would certainly insist on compensating you kindly for your efforts if you're able and willing to help me with this.

I called the company that took over Agie and Charmilles today and they spoke of zero ability to help for any aspect, e.g., tech manuals, service, parts etc..

Despite that, I'm still considering the machine based on the price being reasonable, everything I'm reading of people's liking of this model, the dependability they speak of, and the simplicity the machine seems to have.

I'll also be most gratefully looking for anyone who might offer insight to the operation of the machine as that I'm also brand new to EDM process.

Please let me know. Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
    Bob

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sorry if this shows up twice but I'm new and just learning how to function in this forum.

Dear gobtool,

I'm brand new here on this forum. Just registered because I'm considering the purchase of a 80's vintage D-10 Charmilles and I see you came across manuals a while back. If I where to buy this machine, is there any possibility of you being able to furnish copies of those manuals to me? I would certainly insist on compensating you kindly for your efforts if you're able and willing to help me with this.

I called the company that took over Agie and Charmilles today and they spoke of zero ability to help for any aspect, e.g., tech manuals, service, parts etc..

Despite that, I'm still considering the machine based on the price being reasonable, everything I'm reading of people's liking of this model, the dependability they speak of, and the simplicity the machine seems to have.

I'll also be most gratefully looking for anyone who might offer insight to the operation of the machine as that I'm also brand new to EDM process.

Please let me know. Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have an extra set of D10 manuals. If you need them let me know.
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This form of metalworking is still very intriguing for me.

Here is a picture of my Isopulse P25.
    I made a table for it but had no time to test or operate the machine. It was in working order when I bought it.

If you buy one and transport it home, it is very important to check if all circuit boards are still settled in their slots before starting it up..
    As you can see there are three manuals. I'll be happy to scan them for you when you need them.

I wish you a lot of success.

charmilles-p25-1-1.jpg