What's new
What's new

Contact issue with mits fa10s

plastikdreams

Diamond
Out of the blue today our mits fa10s starting showing a constant contact. The odd part is that it only shows contact when machining is ON. I can run wire feed and there is no contact, even moving the machine around and pushing the cups and on the wire. Machine was in the process of cutting and had .038 left to go.

I checked:
all the rollers from the back to the front.
The wire chopper is not clogged neither is the feed pipe.
Upper and lower powerfeeders are clear
Diamond guides are clear
Lower head is clear
Tank around the ram and cables are clear
Wire is threaded properly and threads as normal.
Upper head is clear

I've never run across this issue and I'm not sure where else to look other than call mits. At some point in the near future they are supposed to be doing a pm on the machine.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

I don't know about your machine specifically, but when our FA20S did the same we had difficulties, ecause the service in my country was unable to repair it. In the end, we called the service in Aurstria, they changed a panel, and it worked again. If you are lucky, you can still use some of the integrated e-packs, try them out. I can recomend the land machining epacks (5711, 5712, 5713 and 5714, you can also try the 551X series e-pack) We could use the 3-cut method (2031-2032-2033), but only if you absolutly need the machine. If not, leave it be, because the panel will kill other things, if breaks completely. If there is only a small bit of work remaining, you can use it safely, but i would not recomend using the machine extensiely.
I dodn't know specifically what did they changed, because i was not there, but it wasn't cheap i can tell you that.

As far as i know, the mutsubishi machines have a very badly sericable components, with almost all errors and issues you need to contact them. We lost our loyality to them because of this.

I hope it helps.

If nothing else works, switch back to the original e-pack, turn off both the powermaster and the adaptive control, and try messing with the stabilizators within the e-pack, (SA, SB, SC, SD, and SE, try set the lower) also set the water flow(FB i think) to above 13 (only if you cut a thick worpiece) and the wire speed (WS)to 14, and the set the feedrate lower. This way you can maybe cut with it, without much wire breaks, but you have to experiment with the exact numbers a bit on your own. We not really used to mess with the parameters, so i can't tell you how exactly it will work. I also lost the digital copy of the databook i had, and i won't be orking until next wednesday. If you're confident enough, you can leave the adaptive control on, but it will overwrite some of the parameters. Also, of you find the solution, please tell me, because i'm eager to know what was the exact part that was needed to replace. My collegues failed to observe the process back then.

No luck changing the epack. I also tried a hard restart, no luck. I also tried cleaning a few things, took the guides out and still no luck.looks like a call to mits is in order.

Yeah, looks like the same problem as we had. Our machine was inoperable for 3-4 monts, the "authorized service" was unable to figure out what component was bad until that. Let's hope your department has more talent.

Yeah, looks like the same problem as we had. Our machine was inoperable for 3-4 monts, the "authorized service" was unable to figure out what component was bad until that. Let's hope your department has more talent.

The guys are pretty good with the area mits rep. I've worked with them since 2015 on various machines and they have been good.

Got on the horn with tech support, it seems that the issue is a blown resistor. I have 5he part number to replace all of them with heavier duty units. We'll see at some point whether this solves it. One was showing open so I'm gonna guess this is the cause.

I know what your issue is. Call Mcmachinery, you need a tech to come in and replace a board. We just replaced ours about three months ago.

Out of the blue today our mits fa10s starting showing a constant contact. The odd part is that it only shows contact when machining is ON. I can run wire feed and there is no contact, even moving the machine around and pushing the cups and on the wire. Machine was in the process of cutting and had .038 left to go.

I checked:
all the rollers from the back to the front.
The wire chopper is not clogged neither is the feed pipe.
Upper and lower powerfeeders are clear
Diamond guides are clear
Lower head is clear
Tank around the ram and cables are clear
Wire is threaded properly and threads as normal.
Upper head is clear

I've never run across this issue and I'm not sure where else to look other than call mits. At some point in the near future they are supposed to be doing a pm on the machine.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

It was the resistor, we had a pm due so we had it replaced then. Solved the issue and back to cutting!

I was really hoping it wasn't a shot board.

Back