What's new
What's new

Could use some help! Our Agie Futura 3 is not posting...

PSI

Plastic
Hello everyone and thank you for allowing me to join this forum!

Our Agie Futura 3 stopped working all of a sudden. When powering on the computer, it will not post to the screen. The monitor works and we've checked the power supply, which is fully functional. We've also ordered a replacement video card and that was no help. Does anyone know or have had this problem before? We think it could be a motherboard issue or hard drive, any help would greatly be appreciated!

If you are sure your computer power supply is ok and the monitor
is good, the computer should boot to bios. If not, the motherboard
is probably bad. Do all the lights on the hand pendant stay lit?
If yes, then most likely motherboard issue.
Have working motherboards

I don't suppose you have any VMI boards for an Agie Classic 2S lying around?

It is the SBC P5200 board. The machine will not boot up. Have been getting the error D device not functioning when shutting down for a while. I selected end program then the machine would shut down. Agie tried to install a new hard drive but the screen displayed a bunch of error traps when trying to load the CD. The machine will only boot so far then it shuts down with a fatal error. I ordered a new CD/Floppy board and the tech wants me to have a new PEC 10 and SBC P5200 board on hand when he returns.

You encountered the errors when loading which CD, OS2 or
Agievision? Unfortunately, I do not have a PEC10 or SBC P5200.

I am not sure what CD he was trying to install. He had a hard time just to try to load the floppy's first. The machine kept saying that there was a file missing. After trying several floppy's he finally got them to load. The next thing he did was to put a CD in and the screen showed a bunch of cryptic letters. He said "this is not good" and that those messages were memory error traps. He did not think the hard drive was the problem so he reinstalled my old one. The machine would try to boot but always got hung up on the VMI line. That line stayed blank while the other ones said something about a semaphore, which I assume is some type of communication single. It would shut down with a fatal error and sometimes mention something about an internal processor error. Anyway's I have ordered a new I/O board from Switzerland and hopefully by the time it gets here someone will pay me and I can get the rest of the boards. The SBC board is $17.000.00 dollars but thank God I get a 25% core refund on that board. Until then My old Agie AC50 is carrying the work load. I love that machine. It is slow but had been running almost around the clock for 13 years with no problems making very accurate parts. Thanks very much for your help.

jdd

You have working motherboards? If so, could you let me know how much and how long it would take for us to receive it? Sorry about not responding so quickly but I've been really busy.

Back