What's new
What's new

E666 Electrical sensor error

gmenzies

Plastic
Hello

when we go to use the measure command on our Charmillies Roboform 200. we get a E666 error. this happens as soon as I touch the manual control to move the probe. My manual say:

Restart electrical sensor because of insufficient precision. If this error occurs during a measure cycle in a command program, the program is interrupted. When execution is continued, the measuring cycle will start at the beginning again.

anyone have an idea what could be causing this error.

thanks Gord

For those that read this post. we final found the source of the error. when our machine was moved to our factory. the service tech that split the machine for transport. for got to attach one wire. machine is up and running.

we replaced the screen with a LCD , replaced one floppy drive to USB. new filters.

I now have to figure out how to program cutting tunnel gates with this machine. those that know. I assume a Vector program will work. the roboform 200 does not support 3dorbit.

anyone willing to share some knowledge on how to burn tunnel gates with a robo form 200 ?

thanks Gord

Floppy to USB

Hello

when we go to use the measure command on our Charmillies Roboform 200. we get a E666 error. this happens as soon as I touch the manual control to move the probe. My manual say:

Restart electrical sensor because of insufficient precision. If this error occurs during a measure cycle in a command program, the program is interrupted. When execution is continued, the measuring cycle will start at the beginning again.

thanks Gord

Hi Gord,

I have a Roboform 200 and would like to convert from floppy to USB.

Can you tell me what you bought and the process you went through to get it installed?

I am also interested in replacing my CRT with the LCD like you did, could you tell
what you did you buy to replace it and what steps you had to go through?

Thanks for you help,

Paul

Last edited:
Hi Paul

for the USB. We ordered one from Ebay ($100 bucks)

Floppy Drive TO USB Converter Charmilles Roboform Robofil Wire CUT EDM 72 DD | eBay

the trick to get it to work , was changing the pins to work with the machine. the USB comes with a DVD and a formated USB flash drive.
just pop the power and ribbon cable of the floppy drive and plug them in.

As for the LCD.

we sent the old CRT to a local shop. they built us a LCD . there was a small issue when in edit mode. they made a small change. everything works perfect. color screen now.

CNC Repair With Engineering Excellence Since 1988 you want to talk to Hanse .

they have a shop in the US also.

let me know if it works out.

Gord

Hi Gord,

What did you have to change with the pins? Did you change the pins on the
machines connector or on the the floppies connector, and does this modification
information come with the drive you bought on Ebay?

Thanks for your help Gord,

Paul

Hi Gord,

What did you have to change with the pins? Did you change the pins on the
machines connector or on the the floppies connector, and does this modification
information come with the drive you bought on Ebay?

Thanks for your help Gord,

Paul

On the back of the USB drive there are Jumper pins ( old school technology ) On the CD there are options for different machines. the RoboForm is really old stuff. 720K format.

11-04-2016 11-09-57 AM.jpg

Hello

thanks Gord
Hello,you had an error E666 Electrical sensor error, I have the same error, can you take a photo of the wire that affects this error?
Thank you in advance.

Back