Elox/Fanuc Wirecut Series O Slop in V Axis
Close
Login to Your Account
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Elox/Fanuc Wirecut Series O Slop in V Axis

I'm trying to solve a slop/excess clearance in the V axis on my machine. I was having problems aligning the wire and discovered this issue. There is enough slop that you can actually hear it when loading it by hand. I traced it down to the V axis slide, which moves a few thou when rocked by hand. I checked the U axis structure a detected very little movement. I need to try and adjust the excess clearance out, but am having a little trouble getting it to cooperate, I posted a few pics and am hoping to get some input as to how to proceed.

What I have done so far.

* Loosen 2 hold down bolts on the adjustment side of the V axis slide.
    * Slightly turn in the adjustment set screws while monitoring the slop. Doesn't appear to do anything.

Thank you,

Roger

uv-axis-01.jpg

uv-axis-02.jpg

uv-axis-03.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

To close the loop and possibly help someone else.

Problem was solved by loosening the guide blocks and loading it in a way which increased the play. Then placing it in the middle of travel with an indicator to detect perpendicular movement of the slide structure. Then carefully tightening the adjusting screws (balanced) until no movement was detected. Then tighten the guide screws down carefully. Ended up doing all 3 slides and realigning the Z axis structure to the XY table. All is well now.

Roger

3. Likes TeachMePlease, jz814 liked this post