What's new
What's new

Elox Futura 100 Won't Power On

Toolmaker84

Plastic
We have a EDM that was bought at an auction years ago and they never ran power to it. It supposedly worked. We ran 480v to it today and no sign of life. Power is there after the breaker in the cabinet but it will not turn on with the green power switch. Estop does not ohm out pushed or pulled so we connected wires and still nothing. Does anyone know anything about this machine... or where to get a book? Is there a battery that is dead? Even if the memory battery was dead it should still fire the pc. I'm stumped. Thanks!

First of all, did you tap the internal tranformers for 480v?
there are two tranformers. Secondly does this machine have a
hand pendant? If yes, then make sure the estop on the hand
pendant is not depressed. Lastly, if you have taken care of
the above, then there is a power board that has circuit breakers
on it. this board can cause the machine not to boot

Thanks for the reply. I looked at these and they were all good. I found a safety switch on the door while I was looking. I thought about this yesterday but it still did not work with the door closed. Come to find out the foam on the door casing was too thick and the switch was not getting pushed in far enough. Once the switch was bypassed it fired right up. Does anyone know where to find the basics of how to operate this oldie? I have no book or really anywhere to start.

Back