What's new
What's new

Entry Cuts

mootrix

Aluminum
Does anyone know how to adjust settings on an AC Classic V2 on the entry cuts so it isn't so harsh, the entry cuts leaves deep wire marks.

Cheers

What type of approach are you using? Using a position on/off for the rough and a radius on/off for skims pretty much eliminated the on/off wire mark for me.

Hi, thanx for getting back to me. im not sure what you mean by on/off. ive attached a picture of the settings to give you a rough idea what ive done. the way ive been taught is to add entry and exit points which is meant to eliminate wire marks.wire mark.jpg

FYI entry and exit settings are low power settings to compensate for poor initial flushing condition. On the entry page in machine details you can choose a tangental entry method and define a radius. do not choose cnc choose user and supply a value. Play with it. I noticed this is a tapered cavity, are you getting marks on the smaller diameter end or over the entire height?

on the working steps page click the down arrow where it says "main" and select entry, then change the flush "p" to 1 and the power "p" around 28 for both the entry and exit. If the part is thin increase the "ssol" on main,entry and exit settings for a smooth and stable feed rate. You also need the toriods in place if taper is greater than 2 degrees. Looks like your using ,006 wire, check pizza cutter wheel, it should read .20-.15 and draw-off rollers at the back of the machine should be in the .008-.006 postion. hope this helps

Back