What's new
What's new

FA-10S no restart at m20

plastikdreams

Diamond
Had an interesting thing happen to the edm recently. After a wire break and rethread at m20 the machine wouldn't go. We had just had it serviced and though maybe the tech unchecked something. Went through the whole machine, nothing was wrong. Called a tech in, had some threading issues too. He spent the better part of a day messing with it, even wiped the machine and reloaded...still nothing.

Finally after many phone calls to the head tech we figured out one of the epacks was corrupt. We changed it on the awf page to a different one and poof it went away. He'd never seen that happen, and we figured since it was a custom epack that I made which maxed power out the machine stopped liking it, after 3+ years of it running fine. We both scratched our heads and learned something lol...evidently the FA machines don't really like to run epacks that are made for mv-advanced units. Although it ran ok with PM mode off. I figured we needed to refill the rice and soy sauce tanks ;)

I ran mv's 10 hours a day for almost 3 years so I had some epacks I tweaked for certain things. The one I put on the fa was tweaked for speed, though in thinking, it never really ran as good.

Neither of us had ever heard of an epack suddenly becoming corrupt.

On a happier note, someone misplaced the recovery disc's so we finally got the USB emulator installed...no more 3.5 disc's randomly going corrupt!

I have the MC Mach emulator ordered for the old DWC90C, a lot to spend on an old machine but it's the only one I have. It will be nice not worrying about corrupt floppys and will have an advantage in loading code into this old 16 bit controller

I have the MC Mach emulator ordered for the old DWC90C, a lot to spend on an old machine but it's the only one I have. It will be nice not worrying about corrupt floppys and will have an advantage in loading code into this old 16 bit controller

Its nice and it's simple, once you do the steps to get the emulator reading it's the same interface as with the floppy on the screen.

Back