What's new
What's new

Fanuc 1id questions

Matthew Ignoffo

Plastic
I have been running a handful of Fanuc wires now for a month or so. Overall super easy to learn and cut good parts. A couple questions for anyone who might be able to help:

When the machine breaks the wire mid program, it returns to the move following the last G92 to rethread, which in the case of a program with many operations is almost never the correct pocket or hole. In other words if I'm cutting five holes and it breaks the wire on the third hole, it returns to the first hole to rethread. Is there a way to rectify this other than adding G92 before every operation in the program, which is how the previous operator overcame this. I won't because it's just asking for mistakes IMO.

Another question is the touch cycles. There are a couple touch cycles in the "position" page which seem to work well. There are more touch options in the "positionING" screen, but for these the wire does not spool. I have never had a wire machine do measure cycles while the wire is stationary, is this considered accurate or is our machine malfunctioning?

Thank you.

Back