What's new
What's new

Fanuc C400iA practical footprint

Matthew Ignoffo

Plastic
Like most shops we are pressed for space to install our forthcoming Fanuc C400iA. I am wondering if anyone out there is running this machine and can tell me what size space would be necessary o squeeze this in. We are replacing an old 0B. It seems like the new machine has a footprint of about 6.5' X 7.5' but obviously we would require working space around the machine...That's where I'm hoping someone with experience on this machine could help. For example, maybe little extra space is required on one or both sides, but considerable working space might be required in the back etc. Thank you in advance for any help.

Matt

We have one, need room on the left to empty wire bin, room on right to change filters and access DI bottles, not much behind, but that is where our water supply is.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Thank you for the reply. That helps some. Do you have access to the area where the machine sits? I would be curious of an estimated size of floor space required to set the machine in. Our spot is approximately 10' X 7'

Thank you very much

just checked ours with a tape measure.
It's 77" left to right, and 86" front to back.

To the left we have and extra 25" which barely lets me get the plastic wire bin through (our old 0B is right next to it, funny), and on the right we have a walk way but you really need enough room to get yourself and a resin bottle through there.

*edit* you need to open the cabinet doors in the back.

I re-measured, from the wall to the very front of the machine is 9', and if you had 10' left to right I think that would be enough to get the wire bin out on the left and switch bottles on the right.

Back