What's new
What's new

FX20K won't read G54

conceptdevelopers

Cast Iron
Still tying to resurrect this machine. Been down 7 years. Thought I had everything going fine and now it doesn't read G54. In case I missed something being away from this for so long, here's how I set it up.I went to the "work piece set-up" screen then to work offsets. I entered the figures in the G54 and hit input. Then I ran G0 G54 X0.0 Y0.0. and it doesn't go anywhere. I moved the head away a little and did it again. It moved back where it was, not the G54 location. I went to the "monitor" screen and pressed position. The G54 values are all set to Zero and the U and V were where they were before I aligned the machine. Went back to work piece set-up to see if my numbers were still there and they were. It's like it's not reading what I entered. It has a few other little gremlins in it like the hours meter changes it's reading 5 times a second. Am I just making a stupid mistake or could there be something wrong in the operating system?

Well the weirdness continues. Didn't do anything different and now it reads it. Guess it time to cut a few sample parts before I put anything valuable on it. Oh, one thing changed, the door won't come down now! :crazy:I'll take that on in the morning

From the jog screen go to u location desired. Push X and then CB (clear block). Do the same for Y. PUSH RESET 2X! With the cursor on Y, arrow right and input G54 then push INPUT. Push RESET 2X again clearing any previous numbers set for G54 and locking in new ones. then hit 8 on monitor screen and you should see those numbers changed to your new location desired.

Tvalen1432

Back