What's new
What's new

GF Service

Shane030173

Aluminum
Hi all... Our company will be replacing an aging machine in the next year or so. We're extremely happy with the Sodicks we have purchased but the GF Cut P series machines look very impressive. Can anyone give me some feed back on their performance? Also, how is GF service??

I just sold my Agie machines(2002 era), there phone support for the machines was fine, but there parts pricing was beyond stupid high, and i have heard alot of others who have said the same thing. I will tell you if you are happy with Sodick stay with them. Later Jason

Not the same but, ive used mits for the past 5 years, their machines are accurate and stable. Service is very good, had a tech on the phone and we were sending pictures back and forth to diagnose something. Parts are fairly expensive but don't need to be replaced that often. If you keep up with maintenance they will do well. I was at a place that had 30 mits wire and sinker machines that ran 24/7, rarely was one down due to parts.

I can also say if i was looking for a new wire, i would look at Sodick, Fanuc, maybe Mits., and if high end was needed Seibu, but they are on the upper side on price and i would want to look into there support in the USA to see if there customers are happy. Later Jason

Hi, i run the Agie VP2, Agie Cut P350, and the Agie Form 350, along with our two mits fa10s. Our Vp2 are beyond comparison to our older mits., but all in all the mits are easier to repair and maintenance. But I love the ease of setting up jobs with no indicating parts in, taking cad geometry and loading straight into the machine. Service is usually great, email is fast. The P350 is new, has some software glitches but not to the point where I wouldnt buy another. The annealing on the p350 allows for rapid threading through very small holes. I would love the chance to see the new mits though.

Hi,we have 2 Cut P550's and 1 Cut P350. Had a Sodick AG600(2012). We are cutting primarily carbide. The new GF machines are great, Canadian service and support has been very good. We are cutting slightly faster and are achieving better surface finishes with less passes than we did with the Sodick. The new control is like a i pad and the younger operators really take to it.

Hi,we have 2 Cut P550's and 1 Cut P350. Had a Sodick AG600(2012). We are cutting primarily carbide. The new GF machines are great, Canadian service and support has been very good. We are cutting slightly faster and are achieving better surface finishes with less passes than we did with the Sodick. The new control is like a i pad and the younger operators really take to it.

You probably can already tell which way I am going with this, but I'd say that a new Sodick (ALN600G) is probably a better comparison against a new GF machine. The technology and conditions have changed since 2012, and the new Sodick's have a similar intuitive control to the other players such as GF.

I'd be interested to hear what about the Cut P series is especially impressive? Was there a particular feature or test cut that was impressive or is it moreso just the buzz/advertising?

Our newest Sodick is an ALN600G and like I said we couldn't be more happy with it. Just the "buzz/advertising" is what caught my attention with the GF Cut P. I'm sure the GF's are super expensive as well.

Our newest Sodick is an ALN600G and like I said we couldn't be more happy with it. Just the "buzz/advertising" is what caught my attention with the GF Cut P. I'm sure the GF's are super expensive as well.

Understandable. I'd say the best way to judge if you're seriously looking is to just ask for a test cut. Both companies should be more than happy to cut a part for you to see the speed/quality differences. Once you know that you can decide if the Total Cost of Ownership is worth the quality of the part you get.

Just my two cents.

Consider giving FANUC a test cut try. FANUC guaranteed that your machine can be repaired for the life of the machine. No obsolete power supplies. FREE Application and Service support over the phone. 100% built in Japan. No hard drives in control. Reliable auto threader and repair. AWF/AWR.

When I was in the wire business, I had a ~1995 Agie 170HSS (which was already about 8 years old when I bought it). Incredible machine -- last of the tilting heads, very "repairable" on my own since it was much more of an "electro-mechanical" machine. I then ran a Cut2000 for about 3 or 4 years as a portion of my duties at a job I took. Insanely capable machine, but buggy, and to be honest: not as mechanically "nice" as my old 170 was. Service was OK, but as stated by others: parts are VERY expensive.

If I was getting back into wire work these days, I would personally look at Fanuc. I like the machines, the control, and Fanuc service is typically very good (at least in my experience with them on other Fanuc equipment).

Your mileage may vary. ;)

PM

Back