What's new
What's new

How to... (AC Classic V2)

mootrix

Aluminum
well i'm stuck with a problem and im sure theres a way round it. the problem is when the machine cuts the tag off i want it to stop and cut the wire instead of going back to its start position.
on the sodique machines i could put commands in but charmille i aint got a clue.
im cutting small torque laps and what happens is the lap will fall into the nozzle and the wire moves and ends up bending the lap and can damage the lower nozzle. torques are too small to stick a magnet on to hold.

ooooh cellophane. i suppose i could try that,not sure if cellotape is going to stick. yeah i would like to be able to put in a stop command. thanks for the suggestion

well i'm stuck with a problem and im sure theres a way round it. the problem is when the machine cuts the tag off i want it to stop and cut the wire instead of going back to its start position.
on the sodique machines i could put commands in but charmille i aint got a clue.
im cutting small torque laps and what happens is the lap will fall into the nozzle and the wire moves and ends up bending the lap and can damage the lower nozzle. torques are too small to stick a magnet on to hold.

M00 and M01 are what our charmilles use for stop and op-stop.
Try STP and OSTP
just a guess.
Ryone

The trouble is, there isnt a window where i can put commands in.as far as i know the software has events but i'm not sure how that works.

i miss my sodick machine at my last place :-(

i tried cellotape but it doesnt quite stick, i think i need water proof cellotape i guess.

Duct tape sticks best imo or have you tried the swelling card trick??

U need to know how put M00/M01 s in the prog though.

Cheers Kev :cheers:

i'll have to grab some duct tape. well the reason why i havent tried the swelling card trick is because i cant find any card thin enough, i'm using 0.15 wire.
agie charmille doesnt have MDI mode, sucks bigtime.

thanks again

not sure what you mean by that, i use PEPS for doing my drawings, and the AC Classic takes USB stick but we have ours networked. but i have noticed when i finish the drawing and post process a little white box pops up in the corner of the screen with all the programming codes.wont let me edit it, maybe theres a way round it.

not sure what you mean by that, i use PEPS for doing my drawings, and the AC Classic takes USB stick but we have ours networked. but i have noticed when i finish the drawing and post process a little white box pops up in the corner of the screen with all the programming codes.wont let me edit it, maybe theres a way round it.

Well im not going to be much help, have not worked on that machine.
Is there a key that only lets the operator run the machine, that may be keeping you from doing any editing or "harm" to the machine. Some machines don't let the "operator" change anything for production reasons. If you turn the key you get access. just a thought.
Ryone:cheers:

thanks for the help guys, think i just figured it out after reading through the manual.
right click the maincut and click on event, brings up a screen and theres a few execution modes in there which can be altered for possible actions.

i guess agie doesnt want its users to use codes with the newer models.

Haha yeah, tbh the manual sucks. After pissing about with the events I still haven't managed to do what I wanted. I dont want to bother ringing Agie support because it's A waste of time.

Well while I'm here what do you lot do when you wire a peice of steel overnight and the next morning it's rusty, is there some way of preventing it from rusting?

ok, it's obvious non of the responders have run an Agievision control. It is unique and a wonderful thing once you get the hang of it. 1st of all G-code is only for the contour. the control handles everything else. you want tec with 4 passes the control will make the machine go around the coutour 4 times. You want 1 pass the the control will make the machine go around the contour once. You want a .200 glue stop or a .500 glue stop just tell the control. punches and dies use the same G-code just move your start point inside or outside the contour. It is truely amazing what you can do on the control. Sorry, i got off track a little. Mootrix do you want to do it on evey hole or just on the ones for this particular job? You are correct the solution is in events. If you click on events on the upper task bar it will say that they are on the machine level. that means for all jobs. if you want it only on a particular job, bring it into piece editor and click on machining details on that screen you will find an events button there too. Doing it here will only apply to that machining. If you do it in Piece Details it will apply to the whole job. The solution is the same in all locations, find the event AESF machining; erosion: drop out part to be fixed. Under possible actions pick stop and click add. It will now be under selected actions to the right the button Param (for parameters) will unblure and become clickable, click it under behavior pick execute seperation cut. then click OK at the bottom of the screen and you are good to go. If you need more help just shoot me an e-mail or post here.

One other thing, Charmilles does INDEED have MDI mode. Agie and AgieCharmilles have manual erosion under the * (for start) in work zone preperation. You pick a direction and length check tec and away you go. As far as support you get what you pay for LOL. Just kidding. I'm curious how many guys have to pay for support? I know in the states Mits charges an annual fee for support and Agie and Charmilles are free. What about the other guys? Makino, Sodick, Fanuc? Anyone want to weigh in? I'm in the states and am glad to help.

I reread yourpost and may not have answered your question completely. if you want to to stop at the end of the sep cut change the event AESR Machining;Erosion:drop-out part to be removed and add stop like i mentioned in the previous reply.

Ill give that a shot when I get back to work on Monday,thanks for the help. Dunno what I'd do without you.they ought to be people like you on the technical support desk in England.

:-)

Ill give that a shot when I get back to work on Monday,thanks for the help. Dunno what I'd do without you.they ought to be people like you on the technical support desk in England.

:-)

Try getting rust inhibitor from Agie, Erodex etc to stop the rusting.

I've never had any problems with Agie tech support, in fact been using it quite a lot recently and it's been very good.

I wish I could help you mootrix but my wire knowledge is limited to the old hss machines

Back