What's new
What's new

Running 0.1mm brass wire...

FeinMecanix

Plastic
Hi!
I have a fanuc alpha-c400ib wire edm machine new to me and only a year old in total. I ran 0.25 wire on this the last couple of days no problem at all. I just changed the guides etc and am now going to try running 0.1mm brass wire. Anything I should know? What will be the things to look out for? My parts are small with small features hence the 0.1mm wire...

cheers,
James

Hi James,

I'm not experienced in FANUC but I can tell by my experience in Mitsubishi that must clean and give new position in the consumables as collection rollers, main tension rollers, etc.. to where the 0.25mm wire has been passing, also must change some pressure in the collection rollers of the back. 0.1mm wire needs to have all mechanical in good conditions, you will see how fragile it is.. another point is the threading.

Best Regards.

0.1 wire on fanuc

Hi! Thanks for the feedback. I am trying it out now. All guides and settings changed. So far not working good. I am adjusting pressure in the collection rollers first, increasing slightly. Wire breaks and does not successfully auto feed.... I will keep the post updated. All is clean and like new...

cheers,
James

Hi James,

I'm not experienced in FANUC but I can tell by my experience in Mitsubishi that must clean and give new position in the consumables as collection rollers, main tension rollers, etc.. to where the 0.25mm wire has been passing, also must change some pressure in the collection rollers of the back. 0.1mm wire needs to have all mechanical in good conditions, you will see how fragile it is.. another point is the threading.

Best Regards.

AWF function does not work properly - always gives a 'cut reverse distance' alarm... I have no idea what or why that is....

cheers,
James

Back