What's new
What's new

I need any tutorial for EDM

alhussien

Plastic
hello everybody

please i need any course or handbook or any materials or sources which i can study EDM from it .

thanks in advance :nopity:

Find some copies of "The EDM Handbook" and "Wire EDM Handbook" they helped me learn alot when I started working with wire edm. Also read thru the manual that came with your machine.

Find some copies of "The EDM Handbook" and "Wire EDM Handbook" they helped me learn alot when I started working with wire edm. Also read thru the manual that came with your machine.

i cant find copy of this book-free one- (EDM handbook) . i should buy one then . many thanks

Hello. When you say a course for EDM, do you mean wire or sinker. Are you interested in just knowing about EDM or programming, setting up and running the EDM. If the latter, which model and make of EDM machine will you be using. Some manufacturers have manuals for purchase. Some info can be found online and there have been a few books published that explain the EDM process in depth. Also, try this website. It offers excellent advice.
EDM Today Magazine | America's EDM Forum

thanks

Hello. When you say a course for EDM, do you mean wire or sinker. Are you interested in just knowing about EDM or programming, setting up and running the EDM. If the latter, which model and make of EDM machine will you be using. Some manufacturers have manuals for purchase. Some info can be found online and there have been a few books published that explain the EDM process in depth. Also, try this website. It offers excellent advice.
EDM Today Magazine | America's EDM Forum

i think EDM include both of them . but i just want know more about the principle of EDM . how is it work and all types of it .
i will check the website you shared , thanks bro

Bud,

I have your book.. thank you for writing it.. I am a 60yr old engineer/machinist, very new (1year) to sinker. And am slowly climbing the sinker steep learning curve. Book helps a lot.

Can you share some tips for sinker EDM of Niobium? Electrode material, rough/finish burn settings, polarity etc..

We have an 80's era Eltee Pulsitron, so the most generic of settings is a huge help. We are getting tolerable roughing results, but way too much graphite electrode face wear. Finishing burn rates are impossibly slow.

Should we switch to Copper-Tungsten? Just one part, so not sure switching is worth the effort.

claya

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

For Niobium use low On-Times 20 micro seconds and High amperage 60-80 amps also use negative polarity.
The graphite electrode will work but you will see more wear. Since you only have one part I would not switch. If you are going to switch I would try copper impregnated graphite.

If your machine has carbide settings those should work too.

The Eltee is a 30A machine.

Is it true that higher amperage means lower electrode wear?

You can get away with not using capacitors for roughing but they help out with finishing
It is up to you on how you want to approach this

You can get away with not using capacitors for roughing but they help out with finishing
It is up to you on how you want to approach this
I am not very familiar with how to use the caps. The Eltee book has very little info on them, other than the example settings for carbide.

For Niobium and Inconel finishing, what cap range settings should I use? I would like to get the finest finish possible using copper-tungsten electrodes.

On Inconel we have to burn a very small internal o-ring groove, using orbiting. Like to achieve a 24u-in finish if possible.

electrode material

The Eltee is a 30A machine.

Is it true that higher amperage means lower electrode wear?

someone adviced me to use beryllium copper as electrode material. what do you think guys ?

Hi alhussien:
Are you SURE that beryllium copper was the recommendation?
Could you perhaps have mis-heard?

Tellurium copper is commonly used for electrodes because it is so easy to machine.
Beryllium copper is nasty to work with; tough as Hell, and dust from it is toxic to boot.

Whoever made that recommendation likely meant tellurium copper regardless what was actually said.

Cheers

Marcus
Implant Mechanix • Design & Innovation > HOME
Vancouver Wire EDM -- Wire EDM Machining

Back