What's new
What's new

Joemars edm wirecut CE Alarm does not clear

CCD

Plastic
I have a Joemars AWT3S wire cutter. It was working fine and all of a sudden the CE alarm came up and I can not clear it.
Have been in contact with the agent and they suggested a new board, changed the board and still the same problem. I have checked all the safety switches and all tested ok. I have sent the computer to the agent which they tested and said it should be good now as they sent me a new cable which they thought was faulty. We have also tried to trace the wires from the safety switches and can't seem to find any faults. I try calling the agent to talk to someone but they don't seem interested. If I was not 600km away from them I would have driven there and got it sorted.
Has anybody had any such issues similar if so what was wrong?
Thank you in advance

I had something very similar to this on one of my VMCs. I believe the issue was related to the quality of the power getting to the safety circuits...or a faulty safety contactor.

I don't recall that we ever figured it out for certain. It would crop up about twice per year when the machine powered up it would be stuck in E-stop mode and nothing, and I mean nothing, would take it out. The first couple times we just shut it down for a day or two and it would magically work when next tried. Eventually one of our electrical techs figured tried shorting the coil on the E-stop contactor (a NC contactor...but would stay open when in E-stop mode, he literally just tapped the right contacts with an insulated jumper wire) which would cause it to close momentarily, if it was the weird issue the contactor would stay latched after the momentary short and we would be good to go. If it was a legit E-stop issue then it would open again as soon as the tech took the jumper away.

But...our tech had schematics of the safety circuits, and we had already run detailed checks on all the switches and door keys. If you have schematics I would take another look at them...likely something funny there. Our machine had a NO circuit and a NC circuit for the E-stop circuits and if either had an issue it would trip. The tech said it could even be stray ground voltage messing with the NO circuit (which was supposed to have 0 Volts unless a switch was tripped).

Depending on your local electrical code it could be something to do with an improperly grounded transformer secondary too (though not all codes call for that....machine grounding codes vary significantly from what I've seen, but I would always suspect an issue there if you are having safety circuit issues that have no obvious cause).

Sorry about the rambling post, hopefully it helps somewhat. If you can find a good independent machine electrical tech they can be gold (assuming you have schematics) as they see a lot of stuff over a variety of brands.

Levi

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

It might have to do with it being a cheap half-assed Chinese piece of crap. I've never heard of joemars, their control looks like typical Chinese junk. Send it back and get a real machine...you'll thank us later.

Says a lot when your support isn't interested in helping.

Can't speak about their wires but the sinkers are junk.

Back