What's new
What's new

Logical Mits DWC 90-H troubleshooting method

dbrowndog

Plastic
I have a Mits DWC90-H wire EDM and she has been running fine, and has been quite a workhorse. I walked in the shop one day, and I got the dreaded "W7 SYSTEM NOT READY" screen. We had lost power for a while, so I knew that the battery was probably dead and I replaced it.

I went to load the parameters via external floppy (as always) and I was getting a communication error on the floppy screen.

I picked up a cheap FX01 board from EBAY and it seemed to fix the problem. I could now load the parameters, and it appeared to "take it".

I shut the machine off and rebooted as instructions say, but it does not seem to "retain" the parameters.

Next, I had a friend send me a FX14 board that he readily told me was NOT verified, but that I could try it. The alternate FX14 board rendered the same results.

Could one of you DWC Gurus out there give me a guiding hand? I want to logically trouble shoot this step by step until I track down the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Back in time, i saw post, where you said that you have problem finding disks for dwc90. I have same problem as you have back then. Can you share information, how did you solve that, where did you find disks. I cannot find that post, so im replying here. Thank you, and sorry for bothering.

D, I would start by verifying that your battery is indeed supplying constant voltage to the memory. What you are experiencing is what I would expect if the battery were defective or if the contacts were not making proper connection and allowing the parameters to be actively retained. No cost to verify this condition... Additionally, you may want to research the condition on the forum, here, and wire in a permanent, hard wired voltage supply additional to the battery.

Back