What's new
What's new

Look for Great Lakes or Ontario area shop that runs under .010" diameter wire often.

Lock 45

Plastic
Look for Great Lakes or Ontario area shop that runs under .010" diameter wire often.

I have some small copper parts to cut. Now using .010" wire but would like to have .008" or .006" or even .004" used to be able to change my design somewhat. Would like to find a shop that runs small wire on a regular basis. Local shops want me to buy guides for small wire. Job is X and Y axis with no taper or tilt involved. Self threading is a must have. I have a fixture that holds 152 pieces and it is well made.

Would like within 10 hours driving distance of Toronto so I can come and see you.

Thanks ....... Dan Miller

Tru-Die in St. Thomas may be able to help you out. We run .004 wire. 519-633-1040, ask for Glen, plant manager. Hope this helps.

Much slower. It's been the causation of a number of heart attacks when customers hear the estimate. :cool: Also one of the best motivators to accommodate 0.008"/.2mm. :D

Haha! I used to run Charmilles for alot of years with .01" wire and would sometimes hear "well gee that is a .005" radius in the corner.."

Me: ok, I can program an undercut
Them: no it needs to be sharp
Me: Uh, well, .005" is pretty sharp...
Them: no it *has* to be sharp
Me: ok I can leave stock and we can try grinding it with a 100 grit wheel
Them: how much longer will that take, how much extra?
Me: oh probably x hours, for EACH part
Them: ok .005" rad should be fine

:toetap:

Back