What's new
What's new

magnetic sine plate

We have a magnetic sine plate, not the brand you have and we have submerged it before. Never have had any problems, we semi disassemle it afterward to remove any dielectric fluid on it. My .02 Mark

Not sure if you are using wire or sinker, but I ran a Mitsubishi CNC unit which had 4 Hermann Schimidt magnetic units. These worked well and didn't seem to have any issues being in such a dirty environment.

This may have been a different story if this were a wire machine since the units were not stainless steel. I belive that Hermann now makes a wire EDM vise.

yt:

One thing to keep in mind when using the magnetic plate in the wire machine:

The magnetic field may cause the part you are working on to become temorarily magnetized and if you are expecting small drops to drop out, sometimes they won't and you will get shorts. This can become very annoying if you have a number of small drop outs and are expecting your machine to run without attention for awhile. You might have to babysit every dropout. Cutting errors may occur too if the field is strong enough to distort your part.

On the plus side, any magnet in the tank is going to collect the "magnetic dirt" in the tank so less will be going into your filters and more onto your part and tooling.

Over the years I have found that the less magnetic material in the tank the better. I even degauss a lot of parts before mounting them in the tooling to prevent the problems stated above.

TMD

Back