What's new
What's new

Makino Sinker, How to read the Mach. Conditions & Model Data Tables, determine model

DanyEDM

Plastic
Makino Sinker, How to read the Mach. Conditions & Model Data Tables, determine model

Hello, we are an OEM that designs and manufactures our own products to supply other Aerospace companies, not a job shop. Our Machine Shop is new to EDM, we picked up a used sinker Makino EDGE2S, Mfg yr. 2002 with an MGF Generator/control.

The machine did not come with the factory manuals, I was fortunate enough to find a Programming, Machining Techniques, Operation, and Alarm Code book for the MGF control on eBay however; I am still missing the MGF Machining Conditions and Model Plan books. I do have digital copies of both the newer MGH Generator Machining Conditions and Model Plan books though which apply somewhat to our machine.

I am a bit challenged to figure out how to determine the Model to use and the start process. Even with the example in the Machining Techniques book detailing selecting the initial machining conditions, something is not registering with me how to read the Machining Conditions and Model Data tables.

I am comfortable understanding needing to know the electrode material and work piece material, calculating machining amount and frontal contact area. Would anyone be open to sharing a training document with an example or writing up a basic one for me to follow in regards to starting out? There are two parts we make that require an EDM feature, one is Titanium, which we will burn with POCO3 and the other is Aluminum, which we are also interested in burning with POCO3 to keep supplies to a minimum.

Thank you much for your understanding and generosity.

Back