What's new
What's new

makino u86 2002

panscan

Plastic
Hi,

Is it possible to rotate work offset with G68 by measuring 2 dial pin holes. Lets say I start in dialpin hole 1 and do a holecenter and make that X0Y0. And then I go to dialpin hole 2 and make a hole center. How can I aline my program so x axis are paralell with those 2 holes. I find no measuring cycle for this only edge angle cycles. Is it possible to calculate the diffrence in a program. lets say hole2 are = X50.5 Y1.5 (hole1 and 2 are 50mm appart) Is it possible to SIN calc it to a angle and then put it in A1 variable and then do a G68 work offset rotating?

Parts are round so there is no way index them beside the paralell of the dialpin holes.

Hi,

Is it possible to rotate work offset with G68 by measuring 2 dial pin holes. Lets say I start in dialpin hole 1 and do a holecenter and make that X0Y0. And then I go to dialpin hole 2 and make a hole center. How can I aline my program so x axis are paralell with those 2 holes. I find no measuring cycle for this only edge angle cycles. Is it possible to calculate the diffrence in a program. lets say hole2 are = X50.5 Y1.5 (hole1 and 2 are 50mm appart) Is it possible to SIN calc it to a angle and then put it in A1 variable and then do a G68 work offset rotating?

Parts are round so there is no way index them beside the paralell of the dialpin holes.

Why not just put a pin in each hole and indicate straight ?

Panscan,

What machine control do you have on your U86...is this an MGW-K or MGW-S control?

The MGW-S Control had a dedicated 2-Hole Pick-Up Cycle, but this was not available on the MGW-K control.

It is 100% possible to accomplish Work Rotation on your machine using the G68 function with a Variable for the rotation amount, but this will require a custom Macro program to pick-up the x2 dowel holes and crunch all the numbers. This Macro would function identically to the 2-Hole Pick-Up cycle on the current Hyper-i control, and it will calculate the center point between the x2 Dowel Holes and also the Angle of Rotation.

-Brian
15.jpg

If you have access to programming software just call one hole your XOYO reference, pickup the second hole, and rotate the part in your software accordingly in line with the second hole's true position without having to do any of that G68 nonsense if you want to make it simple. I very rarely use axis rotation even though the new MITS machines make it easy. I could see where you would want to do this though if its a manually written program or perhaps if you're programming from the control on the machine.

If you have access to programming software just call one hole your XOYO reference, pickup the second hole, and rotate the part in your software accordingly in line with the second hole's true position without having to do any of that G68 nonsense if you want to make it simple. I very rarely use axis rotation even though the new MITS machines make it easy. I could see where you would want to do this though if its a manually written program or perhaps if you're programming from the control on the machine.

This is exactly how I do this too.

Back