What's new
What's new

Anyone else still have one? Okamoto EDM machine

TIMRM8100

Plastic
My 1991 CNC Okamoto edm machine runs great, but is discontinued.. Luckily it has a Heidenhain control which is still in business as I was able to contact them to get it running. The machine was purchased online and came with no manuals. Heidehain Helped me download the control manuals on their website and also gave me a number to someone who used service them. I flew him here and was he very helpful to get it running. I have no regrets as I learned a lot about the machine, but still have questions. There is so much to learn about the different ways to EDM. It's been a little over a year since I started, but I'm not using it everyday. So far only burning out taps and making hex's in spindle's with graphite.

Tim, I know EDMS Okamoto and Strathclyde sink EDM's. If you need help I'm still in business. I designed the EDMS software and most of the hardware interfaces. regards tjtr33

Can you reprogram my okamoto edm board?

Please contact me at [email protected] or call me at 610-213-4989 if you can reprogram a board from my Okamoto EDM. I had a CNC repairman check it out, and he said that the programming was "scrambled". He said it's not his area of expertise to rewrite it.

Thanks;
George

Tim, I know EDMS Okamoto and Strathclyde sink EDM's. If you need help I'm still in business. I designed the EDMS software and most of the hardware interfaces. regards tjtr33

Okamoto EDM

I'm in need of help, Okamoto 14/12 CNC, X axis quit and wont 0 home any longer, Everything else working.
Thanks
[email protected]

Back