Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Maximum Arc Radius

Does anyone happen to know the maximum arc size that Mitsubishi MV or A machines can handle? My software stops at R393.7 I need quite a bit larger. When I post larger it turns to segments(which i cannot have). Using Vero/peps

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ultimately, it's all segments. If your post cannot be told to break a large radius into sufficiently small segments, you may have to go back into CAD and break the arc into a series of very short ones, basically doing the post processor's work for it.

3. Likes msrbl liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Use IJ instead of R? Just a thought. Otherwise, what sfriedberg said. You say you can't have that, but if you tell it what the approximation error in the cusp height can be, you'll get it smooth enough for whatever the application might be. It will be a looooong program.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Jim7511,

Sounds like you are hitting a software limitation of the machine in terms of the maximum radius size. Have you called Mits about this (maybe there is a parameter that can be changed to help prevent the error)? If you cannot modify or change the geometry, there might be another way to "cheat" this. You can process the geometry as a 4-Axis program using the same geometry for the Top and Bottom profiles (no taper will be machined). This will output a giant program with all small G1 X__ Y__ segments, but might be an easy work-around for your problem.

-Brian

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ok, so I ended up modifying our cad software.. it was limited to 999.99mm radius output. Just added another 9 in the post code for max arc size and it worked!! The Mitsubishi MV machines can handle a 9999.99mm arc maxium(i&j).

Customer did not want segments due to the die having .002 cutting clearance.

Thank you all for the help.

7. Likes roysol liked this post