What's new
What's new

Mits DWC90C wire collect

mymachinery

Aluminum
Hello everyone, just thought I'd post this problem solved on my machine. Part of the problem is that I knew almost nothing about how the wire collect was supposed to work, so I didn't know it was malfunctioning right away. The full set of books that came with the machine really didn't describe the purpose or logic of that system. So anyway, I was playing with the machine & toggled the wire collect switch & a short burst of water & mud shot out into the wire box. Later I noticed that the pinch rollers would open everytime I turned on the flushing. I was concerned there was a electric/computer problem, but it turned out to be the solenoid valves. Instead of the diaphragm style that I am familiar with, they used a piston with a phenolic piston ring to operate the valve. Almost every part of the valve is brass, so it just needed a general disassembly and cleaning of the light corrosion & crud that was keeping it from working smoothly.It isn't a hard job at all & just held together with 4 cap screws. I also found that the lower head need to be disassembled and cleaned again as it got stopped up with fine black swarf.20200715_120330.jpg20200715_112210.jpg

Back