What's new
What's new

Mits fa series wedm - wire dwells on 2nd, 3rd, and 4th skim passes

That_Guy

Plastic
Hello everyone!

So I run a Mits FA and FA-S at a tool and die shop in Green Bay and recently I've been having problems with the FA dwelling when it reaches the 2nd skim pass. When it reaches the 2nd skim it will start off very slowly and eventually stop and sit in the same spot. When it stops it still leaves the machining, fluid and wirefeed on but it just sits in the same spot usually leaving a line unless I catch it early enough. The only thing that will work is if I turn the PM(power master)on varying or optimum, but I can't finish with the PM on or else it will use a roughing e pack with the finish offsets! I also use esprit to program. I'm sorry if this is worded badly/lack of info but this is as best as I can explain for I'm fairly new to this and don't know all the lingo but if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for your time!

I observed something similar on one of our MV Mits machines. The issue was caused by the operator leaving the deio probe out of the water. This caused the conductivity to get too high and the machine would not move during a skim exactly as you described.

Thank you so much! this is exactly what is happening. I didnt know that probe what cause that to happen. A tip of the hat to you sir!:D

Happens a lot when guys pull the probe to keep the machine running then don't replace DI bottles. I've also seen skims shit the bed on longer burners where rust forms on wire cut surface. So if you seperate out your first skim pass then go back and " finish" with final skims the IP3 pass struggles on rusted surfaces . Maybe my machine is older but something I've noticed .

Thank you so much! this is exactly what is happening. I didnt know that probe what cause that to happen. A tip of the hat to you sir!:D

Glad to help! Back in the day I put a toggle switch on my CX for that probe.

Only time I pull the probe now is when I need to start a rough cut program after adding water due to the LR Error.

For any that care....
You only need to shutoff the "filter pump & tank circulation" switches to change the bottle.

Back