What's new
What's new

Mits fx cutting abilities

tvalenzuela1432

Aluminum
I'm almost embarrassed to ask this but is it possible to cut with the door open with stock hanging out? I would imagine it all bad but my boss told me to try it and I swear he was serious and not pulling some rookie joke. I knew it would give an alarm and it did. I was just wondering if I was right to think he is crazy:nutter: or am I dumber than I thought. LOL:scratchchin:

Not sure what to think,
Thanks,
TValen1432

I'm almost embarrassed to ask this but is it possible to cut with the door open with stock hanging out? I would imagine it all bad but my boss told me to try it and I swear he was serious and not pulling some rookie joke. I knew it would give an alarm and it did. I was just wondering if I was right to think he is crazy:nutter: or am I dumber than I thought. LOL:scratchchin:

Not sure what to think,
Thanks,
TValen1432

To prevent the alarm you just use one M78 to fill to table level. Use whatever you have available to keep the water spray down or just turn down LQ and and slow the machine down a bit. I skim cut on Mitsubishi MV machines with the door open sometimes just because I can.

Some older machines were completely open almost all around (lookup pics of an Elox Series Q)

Jim7511,

Actually I did try only one M78, but you're saying as long as it's a skim cut it cam be done? I think I did have it set to a first cut now I'm thinking of it. Maybe that's why it didn't work. Isn't that dangerous though? Specially if you accidentally touch the metal you are cutting?

Tvalen1432

Hi Tvalen1432, you can perform both machining rough and skim with the door open. The point is that in rough cut must cover the electrodes because machine need the strong flushing to stabilize speed and cutting. For example in RA90 is a flushing machine and it has covers made to keep the operator dry from the flushing nozzles.
As Jim7511 just put one M78 and don't touch the workpiece.

Best Regards.

Back