What's new
What's new

Mits FX wire problem after reload discs

tvalenzuela1432

Aluminum
I am completely stumped at this point. My machine was completely off and since I still need a battery in it I had to reload the discs on it. Got everything loaded, threaded the wire, everything going good. Until I tryed to turn on the wire feed to move the machine and.....nothing. Its telling me wire is broken, rollers in back aren't moving, wire cutter is working, so I push "wire collect" and then it turns itself off as if the wire is done threading process before I can push wire feed. Try to turn on wire feed and nothing happens except the green light next to the button. Cut wire and try again. Threads great and the large rollers in back work again until threading done. Push wire feed and NOTHING. Says wire broken. Looked for piece of wire every where etc and nothing.
Is there a setting I missed? Like in Machine Data? Some where? Is there some sensor out or fuse of some sort? Never had this problem before :scratchchin::reading::wall:

TValen1432

Start small. Work up and out. Check all the wire sensors. If you have the hi speed wire breakage sensors, clean them. Check the wire breakage switches for function with a DMM. Check the sensor in the lower head. It is not uncommon to have to reload the software twice in the older machines. Not so much common. But it is not uncommon. Good luck.

Where are the sensors? Which do you mean? on machine or on boards? I am trying to reload at this moment. I cant find any info on how to load the alarm disc any where. Do you know the I/O settings(ex. Data Kind)? I know it has to be in the ready machine state when loading but do I make a directory for it at time of load? It cant be loaded as a NcPro right?

Tvalen

I swear the machine has a personality. Re-loaded the software again and all of a sudden it works now. Go figure. Hopefully there isn't a hidden issue besides the battery just waiting to surface. Either way it will be ok and will learn something new.

Thanks,
Tvalen1432

Well I tried to run the L9400 VG adjustment program as one of the sets of disc loading instructions said to and the wire feed doesn't want to work again. I am going to figure this is where my problem is. Seeing as I have 3 different sets of instructions on how to load the system disc's I am going to have to figure out which one to follow I guess. When I figure it out I am definitely putting it step by step in my little instruction book I put together and archiving the others.
If anyone happens to have good instructions for FX20K system load disc, english, back lash pitch error, Alarm disc, etc how to and the order to do it, I would love some insight PLEASE.

TValen1432

Hi Tvalenzuela,

You may have 6 disk in total: System software (3 disks), Lenguage (1 disk), Pitch error&backslash (1 disk) and E-pack (1 disk). Usually machines come with another copy of all this pack, specially Pitch error&backslash.

First of all, put the switch in system load in the MFD and insert the first disk of system software BRD- whatever (1/3), push power ON. In the monitor should appear letters in yellow and green, at this point press INPUT on the panel and the loading will start. When it finishes loading it shows OK in the monitor. Then take out the first disk and insert the second one BRD-whatever (2/3) and press INPUT. Do it till the third disk (3/3).
At this point you need to take out the system software 3/3 and insert the language but DON'T PRESS INPUT, JUST POWER OFF, CHANGE THE SWITCH TO SYSTEM START AND PRESS POWER ON, machine will automatically load the language.

Now machine appears with the normal screen, now must insert Pitch error & backslash on the MFD and go to PROGRAM EDIT->I/O. Should appear P.P, and some other files ended in .PRM. Be sure that on Device there's MFD, on mode INPUT and to charge them all must go on L and press -1 -> INPUT (it's important the - if not the file will not be take. Below just write ALL -> INPUT, and finally push I/O START.
When it finishes, take out the pitch error disk and insert the EPACK disk, reload it by just going to some other screen and turn back to I/O. In this case should appear two files ended on .E must charge the one that says FXKS.E or something like this, the other EPACK is for flushing machines and is not needed in your case because is submerged. Also charge the TENMAC.NC on whatever is the name. REMEMBER THAT TO CHARGE ANY FILE MUST PUT - AND THE NUMBER¡¡¡
At this point go to workpiece Setup screen and make a large RESET BUTTON and press READY.

Best Regards.

I had a problem on one of my Agie's that said "wire not threaded". Turns out there are several wire detectors in the wire path. One of them was not contacting the wire so the machine thought the wire was not threaded. I indexed the first in the system and it fixed the problem. Hope this helps.

Mits Tech,
You did not make mention of running the VG adjust program L9400. Isn't this necessary for VG to work accurately? I can not get it to run right. I know it normal to get the "divide..." error and that should be able to push start again and it will continue but for me it wont run entire program. Should I just skip running it? Are the table limits(hard stroke ends) automatically set by discs? If that is the case, how am I able to use the same disc's for my FX10 as the FX20K? The table size is way different? Do I set table parameters at all? I think I'm missing something. Or am I over complicating things? LOL

Thanks,
Tvalen1432

Norb,
Yes I did get wire not threaded as well. What do you mean "Indexed"? What I did was reload software, and not attempt to run L9400 and then didn't have that problem. But I'm curious if that is going to affect how machine cuts or not? By not running it, what am I compromising? Does it only effect taper cuts? Only when using certain EPAC's? PM machining? or am I making things harder than they have to be? LOL.
Maybe it is completely irrelevant. But I think most of us strive to achieve the best possible parts, by using the machines to their full potential and capabilities. It can be that one detail or step, we are unaware of it's importance, that we miss that stands in our way of achievement. Always an Adventure, and worth passing on. :cheers:

TValen1432

Hi Tvalen1432 for VG Adjust I do not use it, I adjust it by manual way.
I mean, first of all check the cables on the lower head: electrode (red colour and one by side attached by Allen nr 5 ) and ground cable attached to the table usually it has silicon to prevent dirty to go inside the bolt, look also that cables are not sulfated and has good connectivity.
Second and very important look for water quality, should be 24 on the screen that means about 15 microSiemens, be careful not always shows the correct value so clean the 2 pin sensor in order to be sure.

With a digital tester just look on the input by AC power on main switch on the generator, should be around 200 VAc, if so you must look on the power supply of the generator that is located in the bottom of it. Look that is adjusted at your AC input value so 200Vac I can't tell you where to look cause there are different power supply. The Technical service when machine gets installed should look for it, so I guess it's almost done.

Thirdly, give new position to the power feeder upper and lower.

Now comes the adjustment, VG SET. Close all the regulators up, down, aux and fluid low. Put the machine on the midle of the strokes on X and Y axis and Z on 40 mm and thread the wire.
Put the following conditions on monitor, Vo 12, IP 4, SA 2, SB 14 , LQ 2,LR 9, AE 21, SE 1 press Fluid, Wire Feed and machining should appear 71 V on monitor voltage ( right bottom corner of monitor screen ) if not could be adjusted by a PCB in the NC but I don't remember right now by heart, I can tell you if the value is not correct.
Stop if correct and enter the following conditions Vo 4, IP 3, OFF 10, SA 2, SB 3, LQ 2, LR 9, AE 11 and SE 1 should appear 122 V, if not could be adjusted on IAPA PCB the only variable resistor it has. That's how is done.

The table limits are placed fisically in the machine, but the parameters on pitch error and backslash diks is unique for every machine and this one gives the lost motion and also software limits. So you can run just only the system software maybe but don't do it because you must enter in options of the machine and specify which kind of machine you have and could be hard to handle. But the most important thing a part from this is Epack, not all system software goes well with technologies, could broke main unit or OSC unit if wrong. Your FX20K has more power in main units than FX10, just have a look on the front connectors you will see they're different.

I must understand you don't have the disks for FX10? Please in order to help just tell me and I can send some pictures for adjustment.

Best Regards.

In my case it seems some how my VG program was corrupted and the conditions read all "1"'s on the EPAC. There for nothing would run and wire would not move. Now I will always look at the conditions first if I have problems similar to this. I got another replacement disc from Mits Tech and poof loaded up smoothly till the end of process. Just a note, I had gotten an illegal battery alarm so I replaced the back up battery which is the easy one to locate and then after I got it again. I was told the one on the board isn't worth replacing and the back up is all I need and to ignore the illegal battery alarm if and when it comes up. We will see if I was advised by the service man correctly I guess.

Thanks,
TValen1432

Back