What's new
What's new

Mits FX10 - Power Master and Skim Cuts

Wade C

Stainless
Semi new to the FX control... and first time setting up for something that needs skim cuts. Do you use Power Master settings when doing skim cuts? Or leave power master off and just use the epaks? My old SZ doesnt have PM, so nothing to draw from in terms of the PM settings. I was all epaks and tweaking them.

Thanks
Wade

I have an MV but as long as I know PM only affects rough cuts. I can be wrong, but for the 3rd and 4th cut it sure does nothing. I tend to cut lot of things with 4 cuts. We have plenty of jobs that require the precision and/or surface. I usually leave PM on 'varying'. I only tend to change it when cutting thin stuff. (sub 4mm). I know it is not the most efficient way but at least it works most cases. :D

Thanks
Im going to have to look into the way things are programmed I guess. Got one example from my tech using PM and when it got to skim cuts it didnt use the PM (evidenced by having the epak settings on the screen)... but I made a program that was sort of similar, and when it got to the skim cut powermaster was certainly running (no epak settings on the side just the "power meter") and the flushing - though should have been on low, was still on high.

Must be something with the context in which everything is called.

Wade

Where is that switch? I dont have any keys that allude to that and didnt see anything in the switch page - but maybe looking for incorrect terminology? Right now, when ever PM is on the epak data is removed and the "power bar" is in its place.
Thanks

Which screen would you like? The Monitor screen while cutting? The Machining Data Screen? Happy to grab a pic of what ever you want to see. If it needs to be during the cut - Ill have to get some time to set up something to cut, but hopefully could get that done in the next day or so.

Thanks!
Wade

Here is the pic. Im guessing youre talking about the "E-ON" that is highlighted in red at the bottom of the epak info? I couldnt arrow over to it at the time, but wasnt running, just powered up and took the pic.

Ill have to see if that is there when the power master is running (I dont remember seeing it when I was trying to run a skim cut and saw the flush was on high when the epak I gave in the program would have had it set to low).

Thanks for taking the time to help. Im not a highly skilled EDM hand by any stretch of the imagination... just a learning as I go guy hacking up stuff the best I can. :D
Wade

Attachments

• 20200220_090704.jpg
    20200220_090704.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 76
Again, guessing since I have a newer machine. Do you turn on adaptive control in the program? M90 on newer models and I think it is required for PM. again. I can be wrong but it does worth a try. but do not forget to turn it off at the end of your program M91 otherwise the next program can stop right after start with no error code. Just stand still.

I have an MV but as long as I know PM only affects rough cuts. I can be wrong, but for the 3rd and 4th cut it sure does nothing. I tend to cut lot of things with 4 cuts. We have plenty of jobs that require the precision and/or surface. I usually leave PM on 'varying'. I only tend to change it when cutting thin stuff. (sub 4mm). I know it is not the most efficient way but at least it works most cases. :D
Correction. It DOES affect the skim cuts. I believe it depends on the epack you are using. For smaller parts so far, I have noticed that the 3rd and 4th cuts were running at the programmed FA. That is why I was foolishly thinking it is how it is. :D Now at the time of writing, I am cutting a 120mm (~4.7in) part with 4 cuts to meet Ra0,8 and parallel 0,05mm requirements and in the skim cuts it does compensate with PM. Well. you do learn every day, as they say.

Yeah, Im using Adaptive control M90 on all cuts.

I talked with my tech and he sent me a program example that used PM and skim cuts. Told me to use it as is just sub my profile for the one in the example. Rant that, and PM ran on the rough but seemed to be turned off for the skims. So obviously something different in how I wrote mine and how his was written. And it appears, if going by that example, skim cuts do not use PM control.... I guess?

He was busy so he didnt have time to look at my program and tell me why it acted differently - as though written differently, seemed to be stating the same things.... So as it sits it seems that basically the skim cuts should not use PM but do use M90. Which I can handle in my programming by turning it off with an M101 if Im using my program, or I can adopt his programming strategy.

Thanks!
Wade

That's interesting to me because I use M90 at the beginning of program block and M91 at end of it with all my programs no matter what the EPAC. But they are linked to Adaptive Control. The M101, M102, M103, M105 are the PM off and different conditions. My programs usually have an M102 at top and that's it so I imagine its always on then. LOL. You can always turn PM off or on from monitor screen when running. All you do is push start and while the tank is filling up move curser next to PM and push 0 to turn off and then choose varying condition and enter and it should turn it on with full flushing if that is what you are looking for. Do you have a Operation Manual or EPAC Manual? If so there is a few sections in those to gain some deeper understanding. Every time I re-read them I seem to get more understanding to it all.

Hope it helps,
TValen1432

I have the manuals but they seemed to confuse me more than help and my tech said "yeah throw that section away - it doesnt help". When I have more time Ill likely pour back over that stuff and see if I can get it to start making sense... but in the end, it looks like the rough cut used PM, but all the subsequent Skim Passes had it turned off (I guess by lack of turning it on by the way the program my tech sent me was written?).

Irrelevant, his program example, if followed, worked fine and PM wasnt on while skim cutting. So I guess basically, its not used during skims... Who knows. But it worked and so I have something workable to use when I need it again.

Wade

Back