What's new
What's new

Mits MV1200 Threading Issue

Grants

Plastic
The company I work for bought a new MV about 7 months ago and since we've put about 1500 hours on it. The issue is as of semi recently at around 30-35 hours into a maintenance cycle the wire begins to hang up on the lower guide C right after the carbide it appears. with the old 110 ha we had tons of issues with threading but this machine has been a dream until now. I clean all the diamonds with an ultrasonic and ac500 every 80-100 hours generally depending on how its running and threading. Am I missing something in my maintenance routine or any other tips and tricks to make this issue subside?

Thanks

Grant

The company I work for bought a new MV about 7 months ago and since we've put about 1500 hours on it. The issue is as of semi recently at around 30-35 hours into a maintenance cycle the wire begins to hang up on the lower guide C right after the carbide it appears. with the old 110 ha we had tons of issues with threading but this machine has been a dream until now. I clean all the diamonds with an ultrasonic and ac500 every 80-100 hours generally depending on how its running and threading. Am I missing something in my maintenance routine or any other tips and tricks to make this issue subside?

Thanks

Grant

lots more to threading besides the diamonds. Look at the pdf file on the machine.

Pull the lower head apart I bet you will find a little "hairball" or little "sos pad" from wire shaving on the carbide (it should be sitting on top of guide C). If that doesnt work pull the elbow and make sure that is nice smooth and shiny. If that doesnt work replace the bearings and such on the lower roller.

We have mv's, one of which is approaching 15,000 hours. Those bearing can last forever or only a little while.. not much rhyme or reason to it.

Back