What's new
What's new

Mitsubish MV2400s EDM SERVO ALARM Reoccurring

Bush_450

Plastic
i have a 2014 Mitsubishi MV2400S Wire EDM Machine that as a reoccurring Servo Alarm in the Y axis. it doesn't happen all the time but about every other week or so i have this issue, its always the Y axis, the irritating part about it is my wire path is well over .600 away from the table edge and it continues to throw this alarm every so often.

i have changed the battery's for all the servos. i have made sure the machines stays clean and no obstructions. Just trying to see if there is anything else i can look at to stop this from happening, we are trying to do overnight runs and about once a week ill have this same issue where it says sequence error, servo alarm S01 Y axis.

i have talked with service guy about this but his response is always that you must have hit or collided with something. but i know that is not the case.

any help?

You say S01 servo alarm but what are the other numbers with it? should have a 10-36 possible codes that are associated with it.
Are there other alarms listed on the screen as well?

Tvalen1432

Last edited:
We have a 2015 MV1200S. Having same problem. When machining servo kicks out when I'm still 3/8 away from limit in Y. If I manually move in Y it will hit limit and actually bounces back. I believe the bellow on the arm is causing it. Been trying to blow air into it while submerged to loosen up crud. Can not find any info on replacing and I'm sure Mits will charge a fortune. Any help on replacement?

We have a 2015 MV1200S. Having same problem. When machining servo kicks out when I'm still 3/8 away from limit in Y. If I manually move in Y it will hit limit and actually bounces back. I believe the bellow on the arm is causing it. Been trying to blow air into it while submerged to loosen up crud. Can not find any info on replacing and I'm sure Mits will charge a fortune. Any help on replacement?

It is the bellows causing the issue. Remove the left side cover for the seal plate as well as the sheet metal cover next to it. Jog the machine near the -X limit. Now you should be able grab the bottom of the bellows to break up the crud. Have another person blast water into the gap between the lower arm and the bellows at the same time to flush it out. The person doing the water can also jog in Y at the same time to help.

Jim7511 has reason, inside the bellow is hard to clean because there's not enough space. Also you could change the bellow, that I must say is a HARD JOB BECAUSE THE ARM MUST BE TAKEN OUT.
Another reason for this alarm is the Pneumatic stop that is located in the back of the machine just below the drive system, it has like a black color and a pneumatic piston with a white coupling, if damaged could be the reason.
And at last you can modify parameters of servo to work near the table, but is better not to do it.

Best Regards.

Jim7511 has reason, inside the bellow is hard to clean because there's not enough space. Also you could change the bellow, that I must say is a HARD JOB BECAUSE THE ARM MUST BE TAKEN OUT.
Another reason for this alarm is the Pneumatic stop that is located in the back of the machine just below the drive system, it has like a black color and a pneumatic piston with a white coupling, if damaged could be the reason.
And at last you can modify parameters of servo to work near the table, but is better not to do it.

Best Regards.

Is there a part# for the pnuematic piston? We have cleaned out our bellows extensively and still error out on the Y_axis close to the table edge in Y-.

We did notice that the piston is tearing up the nonskid the white nylon rides on.

Hi KC130Loadie,

Yes I can give you the part number, tomorrow I will search for it.

Reading your message carefully you say bellows, the bellow that Jim7511 is talking about is the bellow that covers the arm where the lower head is placed.

If this is the case, one trick is to run the machine on Y+ near the stroke end and with nylon hammer and smoothly kicks ( be careful not to broke it ) on the rear part of the bellow, because the cleaning can be done in the front. Sometimes sludge gets stuck in the rear side, and when the bellow comes full to Y- it compress and give the alarm. Also clean with water gun the gap between the arm and the bellow.

Best Regards.

Is there a part# for the pnuematic piston? We have cleaned out our bellows extensively and still error out on the Y_axis close to the table edge in Y-.

We did notice that the piston is tearing up the nonskid the white nylon rides on.

In my experience with MV and that problem, it is usually NOT the cylinder, but the valve that controls the operation of that cylinder, you can find it on the back side of the column (valve SSB) with system ready on you should NOT have air onto the cylinder to push it against the tape.

What is the servo alarm in full, the last 4 numbers decide what the problem is? Usually if it only happens when it is at the front of the table, it is almost certainly the lower arm bellows! We usually replace the bellows, but it is not the easiest job to do. Mitsubishi tech from Spain is correct, the arm has to come out.

Correct, need to search for the drawing number and international code. Maybe it would be easier.. sorry usually I give that numbers.

About the alarm that usually comes out when going to Y- is S03 SERVO ALARM PR0050 Y. Also makrep is correct about it, usually is the valve that controls it. Here in Europe we have CE so you have to push the security button on the hand box to see if the piston is OK or is valve problem... I guess in the United States is different, I will search Monday for international part codes and drawing.

Best Regards.

i have a 2014 Mitsubishi MV2400S Wire EDM Machine that as a reoccurring Servo Alarm in the Y axis. it doesn't happen all the time but about every other week or so i have this issue, its always the Y axis, the irritating part about it is my wire path is well over .600 away from the table edge and it continues to throw this alarm every so often.

i have changed the battery's for all the servos. i have made sure the machines stays clean and no obstructions. Just trying to see if there is anything else i can look at to stop this from happening, we are trying to do overnight runs and about once a week ill have this same issue where it says sequence error, servo alarm S01 Y axis.

i have talked with service guy about this but his response is always that you must have hit or collided with something. but i know that is not the case.

any help?
I believe it is your lower control arm bellows. At least, that's what mine has done and I am trying to find 5k to fix it.

Back