What's new
What's new

Mitsubishi EA22 EDM sinker constant arcing issues

bbernachi

Plastic
I have had an EA22 on the floor for a year now, and have had intermittent problems with arcing that MC Machinery (our support in this region) has been totally unhelpful in solving. I also have two Mitsubishi EX30's, and run these the exact same way, and have never had an Arc on these machines. I was wondering if any operators have the same issue with this machine, or other machines and have found a solution for this. I am interested in hearing different solutions and causes that I can try to troubleshoot.

We have tried swapping out different boards on the machine, and have taken many voltage tests and other tests, as per the instruction of the support team, and I am at the absolute end of my patience. Hoping someone here can help me with this!

(First post to this site, if I have any formatting errors, please excuse me)

THANKS!

Edit: I should have also mentioned, that I am aware of how arcing usually happens, and in my opinion the off/on times, and the other relevant settings are not too aggressive. The arcing doesn't happen on every electrode, but it happens on far too many. Also like I mentioned above, I am running two other machines at almost identical settings and have never had an issue.

Is the shape / size / material of the electrodes on the other machines the same? Cables / grounding / maintenance any concern on this machine? Dielectric the same, and same condition / age? Surprised MC Machinery isn't able to track this down, they have always been a very good source for troubleshooting for us. Any welcome to the forum. Lots of knowledge here, and a few crackpots.

Back